Buckinghamshire Mind shares National Mind’s vision: “We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect.” We deliver high quality community-based services across the county of Buckinghamshire to reach out and ensure everyone with a mental health problem gets access to the help they need.
Post Title: Fundraising and Communications Officer (Job Share)
Reports to: Chief Executive
Salary: £22,950 per annum pro rata FTE 37 hrs
(£14,886 pa actual 24hrs - £18,608 pa actual 30hrs)
Location: Aylesbury or High Wycombe
Hours of Work: Part-Time (flexible – between 24-30 hours per week)
The Fundraising and Communications Officer main function will be to maximise income generation via community fundraising and profile raising and to develop and deliver an effective community fundraising plan. The role will involve the on-going creation and evaluation of marketing and communication activities to maximise opportunities for promoting the charity and build links with potential and existing supporters, including volunteers. This role requires creativity, an entrepreneurial outlook and the ability to develop high quality communications, including plans, materials and messages for all fundraising activities, in order to increase support for Buckinghamshire Mind.
Fundraising: Main Responsibilities
- To develop and deliver a community fundraising plan to achieve an agreed income generation target.
- To identify and profile grant making organisations and corporate bodies with the potential of supporting our work.
- To assist with developing effective and well‐targeted appeals aimed at trusts, corporate bodies and supporters in order to raise funds for Buckinghamshire Mind.
- To plan and deliver a calendar of fundraising events.
- To manage the stewardship of individual, corporate and community group fundraisers.
- To work closely and pro‐actively with the Chief Executive to source information in order to develop high quality funding applications.
Communications and profile building: Main Responsibilities
- To act as a point of contact within the organisation for the promotion of Buckinghamshire Mind’s services and recruitment of volunteers.
- To manage all public relations and monitor the results.
- To utilise technologies and channels such as e-newsletter, social media, video, blog and podcast to creatively communicate with Bucks Mind stakeholders and supporters.
- To keep the Bucks Mind website up-to-date regularly.
- To communicate with supporters through our existing external social media sites including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- To assist in the development and distribution of e‐newsletters, printed communications and annual reviews to Bucks Mind supporters.
- To attend and represent Buckinghamshire Mind at promotional and profile-raising events.
- To attend staff meetings and external meetings as agreed with the Chief Executive.
- To keep the Chief Executive informed of matters relating to fundraising and communications, particularly those which have a bearing on the reputation and development of Buckinghamshire Mind.
- To keep up-to-date with research and developments regarding mental health and wellbeing and/or have a bearing on the fundraising and communications work of Buckinghamshire Mind.
- To undertake such duties not included in the job description as are reasonably requested by the Chief Executive.
Post: Fundraising and Communications Officer
The person specification seeks to define a person most likely to be suited to the job of Fundraising and Communications Officer. Candidates are required to meet all the essential Conditions listed. E = essential criteria; D = desired criteria. Reference to both Conditions and Requirements in completing your application form will help in selecting candidates for interview.
- Supports the aims and work of Buckinghamshire Mind (E)
- Maintains strict confidentiality concerning all Buckinghamshire Mind matters (E)
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. degree or diploma (E)
- Relevant experience (E)
- Experience of marketing and business development within the voluntary sector (E)
- Experience in or aptitude for fundraising/generating income. (E)
- Experience of writing and distributing press releases (D)
- Experience of creating content for and using social media channels for PR purposes. (D)
- Experience of the issues affecting hard to reach and excluded groups (E)
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Is committed to working in an anti-oppressive way and striving to create equal opportunities for all people (E)
- Maintains confidentiality in line with Buckinghamshire Mind policy (E)
- Has knowledge of social and situational factors influencing people’s mental health and wellbeing (E)
- Has excellent IT and communication skills (E)
- Is able to network and build sustainable working partnerships with other agencies (E)
- Is able to organize own workload and work without direct supervision (E)
- Is able to prioritise competing tasks, manage a busy work load, work quickly and deliver to deadline. (E)
- Is able to monitor and evaluate work and produce reports (E)
- Is able to keep written records and data (E)
- Has a current clean driving license and use of own vehicle (work related mileage will be paid) (D)
- Understanding of equality and diversity principles (E)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and 2 wellbeing days pro rata
- Sodexo employee benefits - access to a portal with discounts on supermarket shops, holidays, high-street shops, days out, cinema and gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – free professional confidential counselling
- Childcare vouchers
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Flu vaccinations
- Free eye tests
- Pension: Auto Enrolment (currently 3% employee contribution, 3% employer contribution)
To apply, please send the following 2 documents:
- Supporting Statement (explaining how you meet each criteria in the job description)
Buckinghamshire Mind is an Equal Opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Any offer made relating to this post will be subject to satisfactory references and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, therefore please apply as soon as possible.