Buddhafield is looking for a new home. We have been offering retreats, festivals and our roaming cafe in various locations for nearly 25 years. It’s time to put down roots and create a place where we can practice our values of celebration, inspiration, renunciation and collaboration in a way that benefits all beings and our planet. The Buddhafield Base project will offer support for land, community, teaching and ethical enterprise.
We aim to raise £1.5million in the next 18-24 months to make this aspiration a reality. Grants and other fundraising opportunities are a key part of our strategy to raise a portion of this amount.
To maximise grant income over an 18-month to 2-year period. There is potential to continue in role raising funds for the maintenance of the project once we have landed in our new Base.
You will have responsibility for coordinating the delivery of the grants income of the Buddhafield Base income generation strategy. You will be supported by:
- The Buddhafield Base fundraising team including an experienced fundraising consultant
- The Base circle lead link
- The project lead
- A range of volunteers who already work within Buddhafield
- Researching grant/ funding opportunities and funders
- Producing and presenting grant applications.
- Helping volunteers to write applications.
- Compiling a database of grant sources and collating research into a fundraising pack that can be quickly adapted to take advantage of new opportunities.
- Proactively communicating with funders and keeping in touch to identify opportunities.
- Developing a plan to connect across a range of diverse funding that maximises grant income over the length of the project.
- Tracking the progress of applications, answering questions, being available for calls and meetings with funding providers.
- Meeting and sharing creative ideas, initiatives and developments with the Buddhafield Base fundraising team.
- Working with the Buddhafield Base publicity role to ensure the highest effective integration and impact of promotion and income generation.
- Attend the spring and autumn team gatherings (typically a week in April and one in October).
Desirable experience and necessary skills
- Some experience of fundraising and knowledge of funding sources is required.
- Demonstrable ability to produce compelling proposals.
- Effective writing and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable taking initiative and developing ideas.
- You will need to be computer literate in word processing and spreadsheets programmes used for fundraising.
- You will be competent or willing to learn to use Slack, Zoom and social media platforms used in common communications.
- The role would suit someone who is interested in the intersection of Buddhism, community and environmental issues and is starting out in fundraising with aptitude, ability, and enthusiasm.
This position is mostly designed for remote working aside from the team gatherings mentioned above.
Hours, timescale and salary/fees
The amount for this role is £18,000 per year with 5 weeks of holiday per year. We expect this role to be as close to full time as possible although we can offer some flexibility around this for the right candidate and as long as the project stays on track.
The work is expected to last for 18 months to 2 years and is subject to a 3 month probationary period.
- Immersion in the Buddhafield culture and sangha which includes many team-based right livelihood opportunities for Buddhist practice and developing skills within a Dharma framework.
- A free retreat place on any of our other events during the year.
- Two team gatherings that are set up as retreats. They include a week’s camping or accommodation, food, and plenty of practice and community building. We only ask for optional donations for this.
- Travel expenses to and from any in-person meetings.
- Flexible working hours.
Please send a CV and covering letter detailing your interest in the project and which covers the following:
- Can you describe the journey you would take to reach the Buddhafield Base grant target of £300-900K over 1-2 years? This can include elements of your personal journey as well as that of the project.
- What do you feel the major problems and solutions are for the project?
- Please also let us know your experience with Buddhism (if any).
- Any other information you think we need about your application
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.