This is a fantastic opportunity to lead our highly motivated and successful fundraising team, and take our income to a new level. This new position will develop our fundraising and communications strategy and oversee its implementation. The role includes working closely with colleagues in Zambia.
You will line manage a team of four who work out of our open plan office in Shrewsbury (or from home), and be a key member of the SMT, supporting the wider development of the organisation.
We are flexible on employee location but expect the post-holder to spend a considerable amount of time in the Shrewsbury office (at least 40%).
The successful candidate will have:
- Overall responsibility for defining and implementing our fundraising strategy, steadily increasing our income towards £2M
- Strong affinity with our mission, values and approach
- Senior fundraising experience with proven leadership skills and at least 3 years experience in a not for profit organisation
- Sound understanding of and ability to pursue a relationship based approach to raising funds
- Some experience of international development – ideally in a fundraising capacity. Familiarity with Zambia/southern Africa an advantage.
- Forward-thinking and dynamic with proven experience of leading, developing and managing a high performing team
Once you have read the job description and Information Pack attached, please email your CV and a brief supporting statement (no more than one page of A4) with Director of Fundraising in the email subject title.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.