Are you an enthusiastic and skilled funding grant writer? Be a part of our small but committed team as a pro-active funding researcher & grant writer volunteer for a national charity supporting people affected by a debilitating pain condition.
We are looking for 2 skilled funding researcher and bid writers who can take the lead in researching appropriate funds and writing grant bids to help us continue offering our support services and resources and helping us create new programmes and services to support patients and their families who have been affected by a poorly understood chronic condition; Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS).
As our Funding Researcher and Grant Writers you will be responsible for identifying appropriate grant opportunities, and managing the grant development and proposal process from research to submitting grant applications with any supporting documents.
As our Funding researcher and grant writer, you will:
- Identify appropriate sources of funding where we fit their criteria
- Advise us on a strategy for prioritising bids to maximise our chances of securing funding
- Help develop a Trusts and Foundations strategy to help create and maintain strong and diverse income that meets Burning Nights CRPS Support’s funding needs
- Create a calendar of grant deadlines and track submitted funding proposals
- Develop a case for support
- Identify and write up case studies
- Write appropriately tailored grant/funding bids that meet funders’ interests and requirements and to write any additional documents in support of funding bids
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with existing and potential funders
- Report on grant usage and impact
- Review all grant/bid feedback and ensure knowledge is shared, so that learning informs us for future approaches to grants
If you are an experienced grant writer or you just enjoy researching and persuasive writing then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a volunteer who has:
- Experience of being a grant writer, project proposal writer and editing skills
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential
- Creative and persuasive written and spoken communication skills
- Self-motivated and highly-organised
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to search online databases and other sources to identify appropriate funds
- Ability to understand and appeal to funders’ differing needs
- Ability to organise your own work, track and report back regularly
- Experience setting up funding email templates (desirable)
- Ability to quickly understand the needs of our organisation and our service users
- Understands the resource constraints of a small charity and can work with these
- Open to feedback
- Ideally have good network with people, organisations and charities which can help us to support our projects
- Determination to get the job done
- Project proposal writing
- Grant writing and knowledge of charity grant giving culture
- Good networking skills and contacts with grant giving organisation
- Marketing and communications
- Content writing and story-telling
- Good online fundraising skills
- Good editing and proof reading skills and attention to detail
- Team player who is comfortable working with various volunteers within Burning Nights CRPS Support to collate information required to write funding applications
If you don't have the exact experience, but are interested to volunteer with us, please apply! We would be thrilled to find out about how your interests and experience match with our needs or what we are doing.
This role is done remotely using Zoom and email. You would be working closely with the charity’s Chair and with other trustees. However we would have regular updates and remote meetings as needed so we know you are getting the support you need.
We have an induction process that will help successful applicant to understand how our Charity operates and full support of all our volunteers.
Minimum of 4 hours per week for this role
Ideal commitment of 3 months or more