An exciting opportunity to join Bury VCFA / Beacon at a time of significant growth and development in support of the residents and communities of Bury in Greater Manchester.
The role will empower people to take control of their health and wellbeing through referral to a new project, which will track and evaluate the current Cardiac Rehabilitation offer in Bury and gain insights into patient experience.
You’ll be working across localities and communities in Bury, using a range of methods to identify future needs of those referred into cardio rehabilitation services, engaging with individuals and groups and using the principles of co-production to support the shaping of services.
The ideal candidate will have experience of using person-centred and evidence-based approaches, working with qualitative and quantitative information, and engaging with individuals and groups via a variety of means.
Key Responsibilities:- liaising with patients referred for Cardiac Rehabilitiation; supporting their access to services; encouraging them to engage with available pathways
Key Task - Referrals
- processing incoming referrals from the Cardiac Link Nurse;
- working with patients to increase awareness of ways to reduce hospitalisation, prevent chronic heart failure; improve quality of life, and exercise tolerance for people with heart failure;
- exploring reasons for non-attendance at assessments/appointments and non-engagement with available programmes
- scoping marginalised communities to gain an understanding of real or perceived barriers to services
- using knowledge of self-care, social prescribing and other opportunities available locally to enable patients to access support in their communities
Provide Personalised Support
- building rapport with patients referred to the Service, engaging with them in an empathetic and reassuring way
- exploring peoples experiences and voices in a full, patient and non-judgmental way, with potential focus around marginalised communities, new and emerging communities, and those with protected characteristics
- timely updating and reporting to a Steering Group to share progress, and reporting to the Health & Social Care Manager and Senior SP Link Worker regarding the Becon Service Offer
General Tasks and Requirements
- ensuring accurate data capture, utilising a variety of consultation formats; building excellent relationship with Link Nurse and working alongside Beacon's Link Workers
Location/Base - the role requires agile working, ie site-based across localities, plus Bury VCFA office
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.