Commissioned by Bury CCG, this role is to empower people to take control of their health and wellbeing through referral to Social Prescribing (non-clinical support within the VCSE - Voluntary, Community Charity and Faith Sector), through Bury VCFA’s Beacon Service.
You will provide generalist advice (housing, debt and welfare support) to patients discharged from hospital and support them back into the community unlocking benefits which may have been suspended due to a hospital admission.
Based jointly with Bury VCFA and the Irwell Unit at Fairfield Hospital (discharge team) you will also direct referrals into the VCFA’s Beacon Service working to improve health and well-being outcomes for individuals and longer-term outcomes in reducing future clinical/medical interventions.
We are looking for someone with significant experience of supporting people facing loneliness, isolation, mental health challenges and those in need of crisis support. You will also have a proven track-record of navigating and assisting with benefit claims and liaising with welfare advice centres.
Key Responsibilities:- taking referrals and building strong referral pathways; providing personalised support to individuals, their families and carers to take control of their wellbeing, live independently and improve their health outcomes; foster positive and active links with local VCSE groups and local housing provision.
Key Tasks - Referrals
- processing incoimng referrals from the hospital discharge team
- raising awareness of and promoting social prescribing, acting as an honest broker between referring agencies, the patient, and all receiving agencies/organisations
- seeking quality assurance and impact reports/statements
Provide Personalised Support
- helping people to identify the wider issues that impact upon their health and wellbeing (eg. debt, poor housing, unemployment, loneliness, caring responsibilities)
- understanding moderate to complex mental health needs and local provision, particularly crisis support
- meeting people, making home visits where appropriate, building trust, respecting diversity and lifestyle choices, and providing non-judgemental support
- providing accurate and up-to-date information about wellbeing and prevention approaches
- introducing people to groups, activities and statutory services
- supporting community groups and organisations to receive referrals
- timely updating and reporting to the Senior SP Link Worker regarding the Becon Service Offer
General Tasks and Requirements
- ensuring accurate data capture and recording, encouraging feedback and impact statements; using case management system to track progress; monitoring the performance of the service
Location/Base - the role requires agile working, ie site-based across localities, plus Bury VCFA office and Fairfield Hospital (Irwell Unit)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.