Business & Human Rights Resource Centre is seeking an Assistant Accountant to work in the four-person Finance Team, as part of our Global Team working in 20 locations around the world.
- Terms and Conditions: £27,000 p.a + 5% pension contribution; 24 days of Annual Leave
- Contract type: open-ended; full time – 35 hours/week
- Reports to Head of Finance
- London or South East England – attendance at London office usually once per 1-2 weeks
- Closing date: 29th of January 2021
- Interview date: 5th of February 2021
Achieve efficient financial transactions, month-end processing, and pay-roll as part of the professional financial management of the organisation, delivered by the Finance Team, in collaboration with our Global Team and partners.
- Secure coding/authorisation, ensuring that they are correctly coded, authorised, and input onto SAGE.
- To prepare payment runs including supplier payments, refunds, expenses, and foreign payments.
- Process petty cash and the company credit card transactions
- To file accounting records on a regular and timely basis.
- Work with Head of Finance to process UK & US monthly payroll to respective agencies and check output
Month-End and Quarterly Processing:
- Month end processing including
- Bank reconciliations
- Month end journals
- Variance analysis
- Work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues across the organisation on project finance.
- To respond to Regional Researchers and budget holder queries in a timely and professional manner.
- To monitor the Accounts email inbox, managing and distributing incoming mail as required and responding to queries in a timely and professional manner. Any other activities as directed by the Head of Finance
Key Skills required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the role of assistant accountant or accounts assistance.
- Ability to build good working relationships with stakeholders at all levels, with a positive and problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to pick up new processes quickly, and take the initiative.
- Strong IT skills, Excel in particular, Sage Line 50 essential.
- Excellent attention to detail and conscientiousness.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, able to multi-task, prioritise effectively/efficiently and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of using accounting systems (Sage Line 50) essential.
- AAT part qualified finalist desirable.
- GCSE English (or equivalent).
- Proof of right to work in the UK
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.