Increase grant income and funding opportunities to help change children’s lives for the better
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity. Every day we bring real hope to millions of children in the world’s hardest places as a sign of God’s unconditional love. At World Vision, our aim is simple – to keep every child free from fear. We are also proud to be voted one of the Top 100 ‘Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For 2015’.
A position is available for a resourceful Business Development Manager to generate grant income for World Vision UK. Your primary aim will be to pursue new business opportunities with the chance to nurture relationships with key donors and partners. Leading on the development of high quality proposals, you will support World Vision UK’s stakeholders including Grant Acquisition and Management (GAM), Resource Development Units (RDUs) and our own National Offices to help manage donor relations, acquire grants and provide support in the implementation of successful grant-funded projects.
As an intrinsic member of the Policy & Programmes/Grants/New Business Unit, the position of Business Development Manager is central in order to achieve our ambitious grant income growth targets. Key responsibilities will therefore encompass:
• Donor funding environment and guidelines – identify and position World Vision UK for strategic grant funding opportunities and develop a detailed understanding of selected donors, proposals, guidelines and procedures for funding schemes, while also being mindful of any changes in the funding landscape
• Donor engagement – work with a range of stakeholders to build and maintain strong donor relationships through implementation of engagement strategies for each donor, and in particular key institutional Foundations
• Partner engagement – work in collaboration with Group colleagues and Grant Acquisition stakeholders across the World Vision Partnership to establish and maintain strong partner and consortium relationships
• Grant applications – in concert with stakeholder groups, including support from the wider Grants team, develop and submit high concept, robust proposals as well as manage the application process
• Relationship building – develop and maintain strong working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, both nationally and internationally in order to ensure funding opportunities are pursued and aligned with World Vision UK’s strategy and policies.
This is an opportunity to use your exceptional networking skills and build relationships with other NGOs to learn from, share and apply best practice in the acquisition and management of grants.
An enterprising graduate or equivalent with substantial experience of submitting successful funding proposals to government and multilaterals, preferably with exposure to institutional Foundations, you will have experience of leading donor relations and knowledge of funding requirements, particularly with DFID and key Foundations. Further experience of leading successful partner and consortia development to support grant acquisitions will be necessary.
With an enquiring mind, particularly when identifying and pursuing new grant funding opportunities, you will need to be a knowledgeable and confident spokesperson regarding donor engagement and grant acquisition, so being a natural communicator with strong relationship skills and the ability to work cross-organisationally is vital. Effective project management skills and the ability to meet stringent deadlines are also essential along with an understanding of budgeting and financial management.
Within this international humanitarian children’s charity you will play your part in our ongoing mission to keep every child free from fear. Due to the nature of our work, you must be willing to operate within a Christian framework and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, you can expect a range of benefits including pension, health cover, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement and free parking.
To apply, click on the link below in order to visit our website, complete our short online application form and upload your CV and covering letter.
Closing date for applications: 11th January 2016
Interview date: Week commencing 18th January 2016
Please note that if response for this role is higher than anticipated, we reserve the right to commence interviews and appoint before the published closing date.
World Vision UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
No agencies please