Job title: Advice and Information Coach
We are Business Disability Forum (BDF). We believe the 26 million people in the UK and over 1 billion people worldwide with disabilities and long-term conditions enhance the social and economic health of our societies. We help remove barriers in business structures and Government that prevent disabled people from thriving and making their contribution to the world.
We are unique. There are many great disability charities and disabled persons’ organisations. Our niche is our expertise in disability as it affects business.
To deliver high-quality advice to our customers; deliver BDF’s Disability Smart Accelerator; and support the upskilling of the wider BDF team on all aspects of disability inclusion and business management.
- Experience of advising businesses on diversity and inclusion related situations in verbal and written form.
- Working in or with private sector businesses.
- Confident communicator – including presenting to small groups of people, facilitating group sessions, webinars, and writing clear and information documents, emails, and presentations.
- Recent knowledge of disability as it affects HR and wider business areas.
- Knowledge of Human resources (generalist) framework and processes (such as employment legislation and good working knowledge of formal employment procedures, for example performance, grievance, absence, and disciplinary).
- High level of understanding and knowledge of the Equality Act 2010.
For the full job description and person specification of this role and instructions on how to apply please visit our website below via the button below:
How to apply
Applications should be by CV and a supporting statement, of up to 400 words, detailing why you think you would be suitable for the role. If you require any adjustments to the application process please contact Barnaby Powell as set out below. Applications should be addressed to Barnaby Powell, HR & Office Manager, Business Disability Forum, Nutmeg House, 60 Gainsford Street, London SE1 2NY. If you are submitting your application by email please do so to barnabyp @ businessdisabilityforum .org .uk
- Closing date for applications: 17 November 2019
- First interviews are planned for the week commencing 18 November 2019
- Second interviews are likely to take place in the week commencing 25 November 2019
Business Disability Forum is committed to ensuring that all its information, products and services are as accessible as possible to everyone.
If you wish to discuss anything in regards to accessibility or if you require alternative formats please contact Barnaby Powell by email at barnabyp @ businessdisabilityforum .org .uk or by telephone on 020-7403-3020.
For further information on Business Disability Forum please refer to our website below.
We are committed to becoming disability-smart and an employer of choice irrespective of race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, or pregnancy and maternity. The ethical and business case of ensuring that our workforce is representative of wider society is at the heart of what we do. When we are recruiting, disabled candidates who meet all of the essential criteria will be guaranteed an interview.