We are BITC the oldest and largest business-led membership organisation dedicated to responsible business. Our environment and sustainability agenda encourages innovative and transformational change in core business strategy, focusing on building a one planet economy.
Our Responsible Business Map identifies three Smart Growth priorities for Business in the Community's environmental agenda:
- Maximising resource productivity in a circular economy
- Nurturing the health of the ecosystems we depend on
- Achieving net zero carbon and building resilience to climate risks
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Campaign Director for our Circular Economy Campaign. This is an exciting role at a time of expansion for the campaign while we grow our Circular Economy Taskforce, bringing together CEOs and other senior executives committed to delivering a high impact programme.
You will be responsible for the strategic development and business planning for the campaign, delivering a clear vision, specific goals and plans to achieve tangible outcomes, impact and value for BITC members.
You will have extensive campaigning experience with the ability to raise awareness and inspire action towards greater circularity through thought leadership, knowledge sharing and networking events.
Since our flagship campaign, Waste to Wealth, launched in November 2018 there have been summits and workshops across the UK. BITC are delighted that more than 150 organisations have joined the Waste to Wealth movement, signing up to the commitments to work collectively to double resource productivity and eliminate avoidable waste by 2030. You will be an ambassador and spokesperson for BITC at these events so the ability to attend morning and evening events across the UK is essential.
You will have excellent networks across all sectors as this role includes working with Government to promote the policy frameworks and support needed to unleash circular economy opportunities in the UK.
You will be accountable for the impact of our actions in relation to their campaign area, ensuring that resources and collateral are accessible and used, adding tangible value to members. Working closely with our operations and products team you will monitor and review the impact of your collateral over time, ensuring that member value and cross-sectional thinking is at the heart of decisions.
The successful candidate will;
- Be passionate about the environment and sustainability agenda
- Have experience of developing campaigning strategy
- Be able to identify and develop income development opportunities
- Be able to work with colleagues across the organization to develop engaging programmes and advisory services
- Have the knowledge to be the expert ambassador and leading external advocate for Circular Economy
- Have experience of working with external partners such as Government departments, industry bodies, funding bodies, foundations in order to achieve greater leverage and impact of our work.
Please see attached job description.
CLOSES: 25th November at Midnight
INTERVIEWS: 1st round 2nd December - 2nd round w/c 9th December.