Do you want to lead a campaign to put business at the heart of the circular economy? Do you have experience of driving businesses to take action on sustainability? We are looking for a proven sustainability leader to help us make the Circular Economy a mainstream business priority.
We are Business in the Community, the largest and longest established business-led membership organisation dedicated to responsible business, founded by HRH The Prince of Wales 40 years ago.
We want the UK to lead the world in responsible business.
We work with members to continually improve their responsible business practice, leveraging their collective impact for the benefit of communities. We grow the responsible business movement and collectively create a greater impact focused on:
- Developing a skilled and inclusive workforce.
- Ensuring work is good for everyone.
- Innovating to sustain and regenerate the planet.
- Building thriving communities.
We are currently looking for a Campaign Director - Circular Economy, to scale business engagement in our circular economy campaigns and projects, delivering positive, tangible outcomes for the environment and communities.
- Campaigning to raise awareness and inspire action towards greater circularity through thought leadership, knowledge sharing and networking events.
- Working with CEOs and other senior leaders through the Circular Economy Taskforce to define campaign strategy and a programme of activity that delivers value for BITC members whilst generating positive impact for the environment and communities.
- Growing membership of the Taskforce and ensuring high levels of engagement.
- Creating relevant and exciting content to inspire and enable businesses to embrace the circular economy.
- Working with stakeholders and partners in government, civil society and academia to ensure BITC’s campaigning achieves impact beyond its members.
- Securing new campaign funding to help scale the campaign’s reach and impact.
- Supporting a Campaign Manager to deliver projects and campaign outputs effectively.
- Being the visible face of BITC’s Circular Economy campaign, speaking at regional, national and international events to raise profile and demonstrate thought leadership.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong expertise in the Circular Economy, and an ability to speak confidently on the topic to both corporate practitioners and senior leaders.
- Experience of influencing environmental policy, ideally with central government.
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills, and a strong track record of driving sustainability within businesses.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a proven ability to generate income.
- An ability to spot and exploit the synergies between different areas of the responsible business agenda i.e. social value; sustainable value chains; net zero; inclusion & diversity.
- Excellent knowledge of sustainable procurement and supply chain practice, and the role of the circular economy in reducing GHG emissions.
- Strong time management and prioritisation.
- Experience of working in multi-stakeholder partnerships.
Business in the Community are actively looking to recruit a diversity of talent. We embrace, respect and value the difference in our employees and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive environment that consists of fairness, dignity, and caring for everyone, and one that enables every employee to flourish and realise their potential.
We are a Race at Work Charter signatory and, alongside 600 other Charter signatories, taking actions to encourage and support ethnic minority representation in recruitment, selection, and career progression as well as being committed to improve the working lives of our disabled and neurodiverse colleagues. We are also a real living wage employer.
As we approach our 40th birthday in 2022, we want to drive more impact than ever and engage more businesses and their leaders. It couldn’t be a more exciting time to join The Prince’s Responsible Business Network