Purpose of Job
COVID-19 has led to a steep escalation in the unemployment rate, with total UK unemployment predicted to peak at 2.2 million in Autumn and long-term unemployment expected to rise for several years to follow. The pandemic has also exacerbated existing inequalities in society, with young people, black, Asian and minority ethnic groups, women and older workers hit hardest and amplified the challenges for those who were already facing disadvantage.
In response to this unemployment crisis, BITC has developed a coaching programme with an ambition to improve skills, wellbeing and employment outcomes for most impacted by COVID-19 by connecting them with the businesses and 1:1 support that can help. In turn, the programme will allow businesses to reach a diverse pipeline of talent, improve the accessibility of their own jobs and develop essential skills in their current and future workforce.
Pilots will run from April until July in four areas. Over the course of the following two years, we aim to provide an initial 10,000 jobseekers in need of support with 1:1 coaching from some of the most skilled workforces in the UK, underpinned by deep-rooted regional support networks.
The purpose of this role is to further develop the proposition both strategically and operationally, supporting the successful delivery of the pilot phase and harvesting the insights from the pilot to ensure that the proposition is optimised for roll-out. The Development Manager will provide critical additional support across all strategic and operational workstreams to ensure the success of the pilot and roll-out.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities
This role has both operational and strategic responsibilities, working as part of a cross-functional team.
Key areas of accountability are as follows:
Support the successful delivery of the pilot
- Support the delivery of each of the workstreams, feeding into communications plans, funding proposals and operational plans where required to ensure the successful delivery of the pilot.
Develop the proposition for roll-out
- Work with the project team to harvest and respond to the insights gathered from the pilot stage, in terms of operational delivery, client impact and local employer and referral partner relationships.
- Ensure that insights and feedback from all stakeholders involved in the pilot are considered and that the proposition is optimised to achieve our delivery & campaign impact targets at roll-out.
- Support the development of the overarching strategy for Skills Exchange coaching, working closely with the Employment & Skills Director.
- Develop the regional network model to drive changes in employer behaviour and improve outcomes for the programme, working closely with the campaign team and colleagues supporting our network of Regional Leadership Boards.
- Scope and provide recommendations for an ‘experts by experience’ user group to feed into and shape the programme.
CLOSING DATE: 22/6/21 at 23:59pm
INTERVIEWS DATES: 1/7/21 and 2/7/21
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.