Position: Head of Programmes and Delivery
Reporting to: CEO
Location: London (Hybrid Working– weekly office days, client meetings and delivery when required)
Contract Type: 12 months, renewable
Salary: £30,000 PA (based on Salary £37,500 FTE)
Working Hours: 4 days per week Monday-Thursday 30 hours per week
We as an organisation are determined to disrupt the landscape of corporate and community leadership. Our workshops, consultancy and programmes are designed to give leaders the tools to effect change in the way their businesses operate and the workplace culture it creates. Our aim is for staff and management to feel equally valued and find common ground so that they can share their vision and help build an atmosphere of positivity and inclusivity, leading to greater productivity. We are determined to see systemic change across the board particularly around Racial and Gender Equity, bridging the huge gap between corporate and community, taking ego and power out of the equation and moving towards a fairer and more diverse society.
We are proud to be a 4-day week organisation!!! (Monday-Thursdays)
The BUD Head of Programmes and Delivery will lead and expand our Programmes Department. They will provide inspirational and strong leadership to the team, manage relationships with key and influential partners outside of the company, help to develop new programmes and oversee strategy within the department. They will take the lead on some of their own programmes, as well as lead the whole team so the ability to meet deliverables and milestones in a timely manner is important. They will be responsible for tracking and managing the success and performance of our programmes.
The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the BUD. They will be ambitious, self-motivated, and a highly organised individual, capable of leading the team so they can implement our ground-breaking programmes.
The ideal candidate will be a natural born leader, with a depth and breadth of skills from leadership capabilities, through to strong communication and facilitation skills. They will have a strong background in technical writing for programmes, be highly competent in writing reports and have used project management tools and software in their career so far.
This role will oversee and lead the team, helping to deliver new projects as well as guiding existing programmes and measuring their impact. It will report directly into the BUD’s CEO, and managing project leads/facilitators.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, fast-paced team, and so aspects of the job description may change as the programmes evolve. The following list of duties is not exhaustive, and colleagues will need to support one another from time to time.
Leadership of Programmes and Delivery 40%:
• Lead and manage the Programmes and Delivery team of up to 4 team members
• Be responsible for the successful running of all existing and new programmes, ensuring that our values are intrinsic in all our work
• Lead own programmes as well as overseeing other staff members programmes
• Take the lead of technical writing for new Bids and Contracts
• Meet deliverables and milestones set in a timely manner
• Identify opportunities for new programmes, in line with our strategy
• Develop annual programme budgets and monitor income and expenditure against them
• Identify risks of new and existing programmes, supporting the team to use robust risk management processes
• Managing all elements of contracts, including Bid writing and designing funding criteria
• Contract management and financial/ risk management
• Lead, motivate, support and inspire, creating a positive, performance driven team environment
• Work collaboratively with the senior leadership team and CEO, taking responsibility in the delivery of high quality and impactful programmes
• Develop opportunities for our partnerships to become actively involved in delivering our programmes
• Use Project management tools and software for reporting
• Manage KPI’s for the department
Impact and Measurement 20%
• Develop new processes to measure impact using qualitative and quantitative methods
• Develop and maintain these best practice methods for measuring impact
• Measure the social impact of our work, to help us create a best practice and standard for programmes.
• Provide concrete evidence on our achievements and value with our programmes within businesses and communities.
• Work with the Communications team to captures stories from inspiring and successful programmes
• Lead on developing our Annual Report and reports for each Programme
Leading Partnerships and Relationships 20%:
• Nurture existing programme partnerships, ensuring both parties remain committed to the partnership and the commitments of the collaboration agreements are met on both sides
• Identify, establish and nurture new opportunities and partnerships to further our work.
• Manage relationships within the Programmes department
• Support in the planning and execution of BUD events
Proposals and BID writing 20%
• Help to build and maintain relationships with prospective and existing clients/providers
• Support the development team to fundraise for ourselves and other programmes
• Be the lead on writing and developing proposals
• Overseeing the transition from bidding to winning contracts/ grants.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role
• 5-7 years of professional experience and a strong background in leadership and relationship management
• Excellent leadership skills and people skills
• Experience of line management and successfully leading a team. You have clear examples of successfully developing individuals to improve their performance.
• Results focussed with a track record in leading teams to deliver against KPIs, identifying and adjusting the course of action as needed.
• Experience delivering training/workshops that ideally are around leadership, inclusivity, wellbeing and empowerment.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Excellent IT/technology skills, confident to quickly learn about new tools/platforms.
• Strong relationship management skills, and ability to build working relationships with people externally and internally of organisations
• Highly self-motivated, a problem solver, solution focused and a strategic thinker.
• Sales-oriented mindset, motivated by goals and experience meeting and surpassing targets.
• Customer-focused nature.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate confidently with a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
• Dependable and able to follow instructions, as well as take responsibility for individual actions and to honour commitments.
• Proficient use of MS Office programmes.
• Willingness to travel periodically for work (within the UK and internationally)
• Be Prince2 qualified or equivalent
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of HR policies and practices
• Knowledge of the principles and methods of impact measurement
• Experience overseeing the development of high-quality promotional material aimed at businesses and the wider community.
• Experience with advanced/admin usage of Zoom and/or other online video-conferencing tools.
• Understanding of impact evaluation best practices and approaches in the business sector.
• Understanding of the business environment.
• Understanding of active citizenship, civic engagement and a passion for social justice issues.
• Experience in using and updating management databases (e.g., ClickUP).
• Holiday: 20 days per year, plus public holidays
• Flexible working: 2 days per week at our London office, and client meetings and delivery when required
• Generous holiday allowance (20 days annual leave + statutory holidays + office shutdown days during the holiday period between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day) + Birthdays off!
BUD is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or personal circumstances.