Café West is located in the heart of Allerton, Bradford and is a community facility that aims to reach out to all local residents The centre has a range of excellent facilities and there is real potential to develop the provision and support on offer, and rise to the challenges that have presented themselves over the last year. An experienced enthusiastic and energetic manager with a real understanding of community development work is required to help the management committee reach their vision for the centre, and ensure that it achieves its aims. The successful candidate will;
- Have significant experience of managing all aspects of a community building
- Experience of all aspects of managing a staff team
- Have a strong track record of engaging with community groups, families and individuals
- Be able to demonstrate the values under pinning community development of equality, empowerment and social justice.
- Be able to work in partnership with a wide variety of agencies and organisations
- Have experience of working in the voluntary and community sector
- Have knowledge of how community centres are funded and fundraising skills
- Be available to work flexibly over 35 hrs per week including evenings and weekends in order to meet the needs of the community
- Experience of working in an area of multiple deprivation
The closing date for this post is 10 am on 8th February 2021. Interviews will be held on 15th February 2021. If you haven’t heard anything about your application by the 10th February 2021 please consider your application unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.