CAFOD has three vacancies on our Board of Trustees for committed individuals who want to contribute to our mission.
What does a trustee do?
As a trustee, you will be a custodian of our vision, mission and values. You will be actively overseeing how our strategic vision is put into action, ensuring that the resources entrusted to us are used with probity and good governance.
Your expertise will have a vital role in:
- providing an external viewpoint to help the organisation maximise its potential
- making a real difference to people’s lives
- ensuring that all decisions are taken in accordance with the Charity Commission Code of Governance.
We are looking particularly for a background of, or experience, in one of the following:
- international development or emergency/humanitarian work
- monitoring and evaluation
- policy, influencing or campaigning.
We want to improve the diversity of our Board of Trustees and make it more reflective of the community that supports us. We specifically seek applications from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
The expected time commitment for our trustees is 12 days a year. Trustees are expected to attend the four board meetings each year, including a residential weekend meeting - some may be held electronically during UK working hours.
Trustees based outside the UK are required to attend the residential meeting in person every year, and other meetings remotely.
Find out more about our current trustees
How to apply
Please click on our company website to know more and apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.