Starting Salary: £29,758 - £31,252 pa
Contract: Six months
Are you passionate about digital marketing and content creation?
As part of a larger effort to build confidence in digital channels, we’re looking for someone to support our digital communications and education teams to help deliver exceptional content across our website, social media, e-mails, and blogs (among others).
You’ll be part of CAFOD’s Digital Team as part of the Communications Group, supporting marketing, promotion, and evaluation-related functions, and helping to coordinate digital requests. You’ll be trained to create content using some best-in-class digital tools, with emphasis on our shiny new implementation of Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
The role also carves out 40% of your time delivering digital promotion with CAFOD’s Education Team.
- Editing and optimising digital content output for web, e-mail, and social channels
- Managing CAFOD school’s social media accounts implementing strategies for reaching a growing number of Catholic schools and families.
- Plan, contribute and evaluate content during corporate priority periods which is relevant to schools’ audiences.
- Ensure CAFOD’s Education work is visible and promoted in a widening range of external websites and new avenues
- Auditing keywords and meta data on the CAFOD website in line with SEO best practice
- Uploading and moderating blogs, and advising and training in optimising posts
- Editing and setting up emails on our primary and secondary e-mail tools. Testing emails, pages and other marketing content.
- Preparing online advertising assets for launch
- Coordinate paid promotion of organic social media content
- Delivering primary response on social media channels for comments and engagement.
- Monitoring ads and reporting on PPC
- Webmaster tools: monitoring 404 pages
- Updating email and website reports using google analytics and other reporting tools
- Auditing of photos and other content on the CAFOD website (naming protocols and deduping) in line with SEO best practise.
- Providing extra capacity on key projects or on day-to-day work, as agreed with the Head of Digital, including production of online content for use across various CAFOD channels;
- Providing quality-control support, e.g. proof-reading, and assisting with training and advice to staff provided by the Communications team.
- Triaging online requests and chairing online requirements meetings for tracking requests and day to day support
- Providing digital training and support to teams across the organisation
This list of duties and responsibilities is by no means exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as required. This job description is subject to regular review and appropriate modification.
Safeguarding for Children and Vulnerable Adults
CAFOD recognises the personal dignity and rights of children and vulnerable adults, towards whom it has a special responsibility and a duty of care and respect. CAFOD, and all its staff and volunteers, undertake to do all in our power to create a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults and to prevent their physical, sexual or emotional abuse. CAFOD is committed to acting at all times in the best interests of children and vulnerable adults, seeing these interests as paramount. Any candidate offered a job with CAFOD will be expected to adhere to CAFOD’s Safeguarding policy and sign CAFOD’s Code of Behaviour as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references, and appropriate screening checks can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. CAFOD also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Person Specification/ Essential Criteria
Understanding our context
- Understanding CAFOD: Understanding what is distinctive about CAFOD as a Catholic development agency and ability to learn what will resonate with a Catholic audience.
- Understanding International Development: Able to demonstrate an understanding of solidarity and human dignity in the way people are portrayed
- An understanding of school communities, preferably in a Catholic context.
- Managing ourselves: A self-starter; willing to take responsibility for getting the work done. Ability to make suggestions about how to address problems.
- Working with others: Ability to build collaborative relationships across CAFOD. Collaborative work style with the ability to build strong relationships across CAFOD.
- Communicating: We’re looking for a strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to present ideas clearly.
Making change happen
- Achieving results: Use judgement to make sound decisions and communicate and implement them, with a strong attention to detail.
- Digital skills and experience, including experience with digital and social media platforms for business.
- Copywriting and editing skills for web, requiring little additional supervision, including social media channels best practise.
- Working knowledge of html, SEO, PPC, email marketing, social media management, and other digital tools.
- Experience with Google analytics and reporting
- An understanding of Catholic school communities
- Presentation skills.
- Experience in training other people on digital skills.
- Experience creating e-mails on a e-mail tool, like Mailchimp, Dotmailer, or Marketing Cloud.
Interview Date: Monday, 16th November 2020
Please click on Current Vacancies to know more about the role and to apply. Please note that we do not accept CV's and thefore you will need to complete an online application through our Recruitment portal.
Come and join us and help make a real difference in the lives of the world’s poorest communities.
CAFOD is an equal opportunities employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.