CAFOD is a leading international development charity and the official aid agency of the Catholic Church in England and Wales. Through our 400 staff, 6,000 volunteers and £45m annual income, we work towards a vision of a world where every person can flourish and fulfil their potential, and that the earth is protected and cared for. We reach out to people living in poverty with practical help, whatever their religion or culture. Through our global Church network, one of the largest in the world, we have the potential to reach so many. And we campaign for global justice, so that every woman, man and child can live a full and dignified life.
It is an exciting time to join CAFOD. We have a new strategy, an inspiring vision and a commitment to standing alongside those who face discrimination and specifically to be an anti-racist organisation.
Reporting directly to the CEO and as part of the Executive Team, this pivotal new role will lead the People, Culture & Change Group and embed the culture change necessary to successfully deliver Our Common Home strategy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team of 16 staff in our People, Culture & Change Group which includes HR, Safeguarding, Internal Communications and Organisational Development.
- Setting the organisational People Culture and Change strategy and delivering the goals to support our new strategy
- Delivering CAFOD’s Safe & Inclusive Working Culture programme and supporting our work to have an active culture of belonging.
- Developing and modelling desired leadership behaviours across CAFOD, supported by an effective, high-quality suite of policies, processes, tools, internal communication, and learning and development support, acknowledging different cultures, contexts and flexible working arrangements
- Providing advice and support to the Executive Director, Chair of Trustees and other senior staff on key People, culture, and employee relations issues.
- Holding the remit of Corporate Safeguarding Lead, liaising with the Lead Trustee with support of the Safeguarding team
- Being the primary point of contact with the Union as Management representative on the Joint Negotiating and Consultation Committee; and ensuring regular contact with the National Staff associations
- With the Executive team, sharing cabinet responsibility for all corporate decisions.
We are seeking an organisational development (OD) professional with considerable strategic thinking and change management experience, skilled in promoting and embedding organisational effectiveness and cultural change. You will have a broad grounding in HR and experience of leading successful talent acquisition, learning and development, diversity & inclusion, and employee engagement programmes. Beyond this, we are looking for you to champion and role model our values and the culture we aspire to create, inspiring our staff and volunteers with your vision of what we can achieve together.
We are happy to consider candidates for whom this would be a first time Director appointment. Candidates of any religious faith and none are encouraged to apply. We ask for sympathy and appreciation of our role as an agency of the Catholic Church.
For a recruitment pack with further details please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law, which you can do by using the 'Apply' button.
CAFOD is an equal opportunities employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
CAFOD is committed to being an anti-racist organisation and is aware of the lack of diversity amongst its Executive team. We are particularly keen to encourage applications from people of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.