Starting Salary: £42,440- £44,137 pa
Contract: Maternity cover (One year fixed term)
The Data and Insight team equips CAFOD with the knowledge and insight necessary to determine supporter-focussed plans for the future. Its work is focussed in the following core areas:
- Insight and Analysis: using data to evaluate the performance of CAFOD supporter initiatives, translating any learnings into robust recommendations for the future
- Selections: advising on and selecting which supporters should receive what communications. Maintenance and development of our supporter segmentation
- Supporter research: managing research projects and sharing findings with originators (both existing and potential supporter sets); ensuring that research is applied to our programmes of work
The post holder manages the Data and Insight Team and is part of the Fundraising and Participation Group. They are also a core member of CAFOD’s Supporter Strategy Group. The post older plays and important role working with supporter programme managers to be accountable for programme results, and change or adapt accordingly
Responsible for the leadership of the Data and Insight Team and the direct line management of the team
- Work with the Supporter Strategy Group to set a clear direction and priorities for reporting, analysis and accountability for our supporter strategy.
- Direct the Data and Insight Team in line with the overall supporter priorities. Ensure the team plan is understood by stakeholders and reflects the needs of overall objectives.
- Contribute to ongoing development of CAFOD’s database holding a solid understanding of the database structure, GDPR and support information requirements.
- Working closely with the team and colleagues in IT, ensure that database development meets the needs of the Data and Insight Team and improves on current practice.
- Direct line management of the analysts in the team including:
- Building a strong team focussed on meeting the overall objectives of the team,
- Developing the potential of each individual in the team using CAFOD’s Performance Development Policy as a framework,
- Setting team and individual priorities, managing workload and allocating tasks,
- Helping the team to achieve its goals and aims through working collaboratively and constructively across all teams in CAFOD in a way that encourages improvements to working practices.
- Responsible for the delivery of the data analysis and insight needs of the organisation
- Identify and lead qualitative and quantitative research projects which provide a more in-depth understanding of our supporters – including agency selection, briefing and management. Work closely with supporter managers to ensure research is applied at all levels.
- Advise on the design and completion of data analyses to review CAFOD’s supporter activities (individual and parish work). Formulate clear, evidence-based recommendations for the future development of strategic plans (and associated improvements in performance)
- Working with others in the team, advise on the use of data analysis to continually develop and improve targeted selections for supporter communications
- Demonstrate good stewardship in the management of the Data and Insight Team budget (staffing, activity and investment budgets).
- Ensure that all processes and procedures necessary for the team are documented, kept up to date and readily available to all relevant colleagues.
- Attend and contribute to regular Supporter Strategy Group, Team, Section, Divisional and CAFOD-wide meetings and briefings.This list of duties and responsibilities is by no means exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as required. This job description is subject to regular review and appropriate modification.
Safeguarding for Children and Vulnerable Adults
CAFOD recognises the personal dignity and rights of children and vulnerable adults, towards whom it has a special responsibility and a duty of care and respect. CAFOD, and all its staff and volunteers, undertake to do all in our power to create a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults and to prevent their physical, sexual or emotional abuse. CAFOD is committed to acting at all times in the best interests of children and vulnerable adults, seeing these interests as paramount. Any candidate offered a job with CAFOD will be expected to adhere to CAFOD’s Safeguarding policy and sign CAFOD’s Code of Behaviour as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Person Specification /Essential Criteria
Understanding our context
-Understanding Catholic identity; I understand the nature of the Catholic Community and its role in society, the local Catholic Church and how its members support the work of CAFOD.
-Understanding CAFOD: I am aware of the factors that affect what CAFOD can and can’t do as a Catholic aid agency. (effective)
-Understanding international development: I have an understanding of the nature and causes of world poverty and how it affects different individuals, groups and communities. (effective)
- Managing ourselves: I readily take a leadership role when needed. I can be relied on to achieve results even in the most pressing circumstances. (excelling)
-Working with others I work with all colleagues and partners in an open, constructive and respectful manner. (excelling)
-Communicating: I take a proactive role in facilitating discussion and confront conflict and disagreements to reach a satisfactory conclusion. (Leading the way)
-Looking outwards: I build cooperative, professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders (Leading the way)
Making change happen
-Managing resources: I make careful plans to allocate, use and optimise resources to achieve the required results. (effective)
-Achieving results: I make clear what has to be achieved by colleagues and I anticipate risks and take active steps to mitigate them (leading the way)
-Managing our performance: I take a proactive approach to managing performance and developing the team (leading the way)
-Taking the lead: I adapt my approach to suit the particular challenges being faced by the team. (excelling)
- Previous and extensive experience of performing accurate and insightful data analysis to advise organisations on strategy.
- A sound understanding of, and the ability to apply, statistical techniques and methods for supporter behaviour data analysis
- Experience of using Microsoft SQL to understand supporter behaviour
Please click here for a full list of CAFOD’s Staff Benefits
Come and join us and help make a real difference in the lives of the world’s poorest communities. CAFOD is an equal opportunities employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.