Starting Salary: £34,315 - £35,763 p.a.
Contract: 6 months
The post holder will develop and build integrated supporter journeys, maximising the use of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and engage with a wide range of stakeholders. You will work with various teams throughout the organisation, supporting and training users, as well as hands on execution of corporate level email and SMS campaigns.
Job Scope / Accountability
- The post holder will work within the Communications Group as part of the Digital team, and line managed by the Digital Communications Manager.
- Oversight will be managed by the Head of Comms, and Head of Advocacy, Education and Communications, with quarterly reviews by CAFOD SSG.
- The post holder will work closely with other stakeholders in the organisation, including our Data and Insight team.
Setup and Administration of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SMC)
- Work with IT to create administration standards for SMC.
- Provide training and assistance to users
Data strategy and Automation
- Build an understanding of CAFOD audiences, CRM data, existing email programmes and ambitions for the future.
- Work with stakeholders on translating their marketing objectives into coherent, data driven journeys.
- Define requirements for a common data and segmentation model to be used for automation
- Collaborate with data and insight on the data and segmentation model strategy, specification, build and, test.
- Monitor and check data counts to identify and investigate problems with data syncing, integration or processing.
- Use analytical skills to look at the results of campaigns, produce reports and make recommendations to stakeholders.
Product and Change Management
- Work with the Head of Technology & Business Analysis on aligning the product roadmap to the evolving needs of the business to ensure that we fully leverage the benefits of the product.
- Ensure that the system is used in a structured manner that can be maintained and extended going forwards.
- Test, roll out and champion the use of new features.
- Document the principles for the development of all data extensions, automations and journeys.
- Ensure campaign and marketing cloud set up is coherent and consistent with the CRM implementation and end to end business process.
- Embed plans to develop and extend the use of the system in line with the requirements and needs of the organisation, champion opportunities to test and innovate.
This list of duties and responsibilities is by no means exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as required. This job description is subject to regular review and appropriate modification.
Safeguarding for Children and Vulnerable Adults
CAFOD recognises the personal dignity and rights of children and vulnerable adults, towards whom it has a special responsibility and a duty of care and respect. CAFOD, and all its staff and volunteers, undertake to do all in our power to create a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults and to prevent their physical, sexual or emotional abuse. CAFOD is committed to acting at all times in the best interests of children and vulnerable adults, seeing these interests as paramount. Any candidate offered a job with CAFOD will be expected to adhere to CAFOD’s Safeguarding policy and sign CAFOD’s Code of Behaviour as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Person Specification /Essential Criteria
Communicating; I succinctly summarise what has been discussed and ensure others agree.I make powerful presentations which convince a range ofndifferent audiences.
Making change happen
- I provide a clear sense of purpose and priorities to ensure focus on results.
- I set an example in what can be achieved.
- I make sound decisions backed up by evidence and analysis.
- I encourage others to think about better ways of doing the work.
Managing our performance
- I exemplify the standards of performance expected of others.
Expertise and experience in digital marketing, e-marketing, and/or supporter journeys.
Strong IT skills and interest in developments in digital technology and channels.
Job-specific competencies (desirable)
- Experience of project managing online products, and of managing budgets.
- Experience of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, particularly creating supporter journeys.
- Experience of analysing data and producing accessible reports and recommendations.
Please click here for a full list of CAFOD’s Staff Benefits
Come and join us and help make a real difference in the lives of the world’s poorest communities.
CAFOD is an equal opportunities employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.