Starting Salary: £35,002 - £36,479 p.a
Contract: Fixed Term 6.5 months (Maternity cover)
To support CAFOD’s programme in Asia and the Middle East (AME) in line with agreed strategies, by working closely with colleagues and partners in programme development, securing institutional funding for CAFOD supported programmes and partnerships and management of contracts with donors. The scope of the post falls into the following broad functions:
- Programme development in line with Country and Sub-regional Strategies: in co-operation with partners and programme colleagues, support the design, development and, where appropriate, also implementation of CAFOD supported long-term development programmes.
- Programme funding & partner fundraising capacity: lead, facilitate or support preparation of funding applications to institutional donors in close co-operation with programme staff and partners. This includes keeping up-to-date with donor strategies and priorities, raising awareness of donor requirements and partner obligations to fulfil these as well as supporting partners to strengthen their capacity to fundraise.
- Contract Management: lead on reporting, monitoring and evaluating institutionally funded programmes, in line with CAFOD and donor standards.
- Internal and external representation: as appropriate and in coordination with the Country Representative / Head of Region, liaise and manage relations with donors. Furthermore, engage with internal stakeholders, including working groups and communities of practice on cross-organisational work, particularly with the International Programme Funding Unit on donor engagement strategies;
- Systems and compliance: ensure the effective use of CAFOD’s systems to share knowledge and inform decision making and implementation. This includes ensuring compliance with agreements, regulations and requirements attached to our work and donor contracts;
- Donor focus: where appropriate, in co-ordination with the International Programme Funding Unit, support the development of specific donor engagement strategies, including, where appropriate, assuming “donor lead” responsibilities for specific donor/s.
The post-holder will be responsible for building effective working relationships with colleagues in the Asia & Middle East country teams, with other PDFOs across the International Development Group, as well as with colleagues in the Emergency Response and Advocacy Groups, and the International Programme Funding Unit. The role has cross-organisational functions linked to work with CAFOD’s Education, Fundraising, Finance and Communications teams.
Whilst this post is focused on Asia and the Middle East, the post-holder may be required to support other programmes and colleagues during particularly busy times or emergencies. The post-holder will be expected to undertake international travel for approximately 2-3 months a year (actual travel varies depending on work priorities but recently has averaged just under 2 months per year).
The post-holder reports to the Head of Region. He/she is not a budget holder but may carry out some supervision tasks for staff members.
To read more and apply, visit CAFOD's website to begin completing the application process.