Starting Salary:£27,014 - £28,093 pa
The post holder will contribute to ensuring the Supporter Donations Team (SDT) manage and administer supporter donation activity on behalf of CAFOD, providing a high level of supporter care while delivering within agreed service levels and Key Performance Indicators.
SDT has the overall responsibility for managing and thanking all supporter donations to CAFOD made through a variety of channels and schemes. SDT works within the Finance and infrastructure group and liaises across all teams in CAFOD, all individuals within the section and external service providers to ensure donations are processed within agreed service levels and quality standards. Due to the nature of SDT’s role, SDT has particularly close ties to CAFOD Fundraising activities and actively engages in our fundraising programmes and schemes.
The post holder reports to the Head of Supporter Donations and will work alongside a team of Supporter Donation Assistants collectively delivering the teams key aims and responsibilities.
- Handle telephone, email and postal enquiries from supporters; identifying and resolving queries in a prompt, warm and sensitive way.
- Accurately code donations received ensuring agreed departmental procedures are followed.
- Process, set up and administer instructions and payments through a variety of donations channels and schemes such as Online, Direct Debit, standing orders, BACs, Payroll giving schemes and online giving platforms.
- Input and maintain data on CAFOD’s supporter database ensuring high degrees of accuracy of donor records.
- File and archive financial data adhering to strict audit controls.
- Understand Gift Aid and its application within CAFOD.
- Assist with all aspects of tax effective giving, in accordance with agreed procedures and priorities, including preparation of regular tax claims for submission to HMRC.
- Produce and dispatch letters to thank and acknowledge donations received.
- Writing bespoke letters of thanks to supporters to respond to exceptional donations.
- Contribute to ongoing enhancement and improvement of supporter thanking
Post / banking:
- Assist with all incoming and outgoing postal duties held by SDT to maximise effectiveness of processes and delivery of key service levels.
- Preparation of daily banking, cash handling and initial reconciliation of all monies received daily.
All SDT staff are expected to:
- Attend and contribute to regular team, section, divisional and CAFOD-wide meetings and briefings.
- Work as a supportive member of the team, providing cover for and training of the section staff and volunteers as required.
- Participate in training and other activities as requested by the line manager
- Assist with the rapid set up of projects