Up to £20.5k (depending on experience) Closing Date: 28th June 2021
(Full-time – 35 hours per week)
Line Manager: Grants & Operations Manager
Cambridgeshire Community Foundation (CCF) is a registered charity that has taken a leading role in response to the Coronavirus pandemic. In just eight months CCF created the Cambridgeshire Coronavirus Community Fund, which raised and dispersed over £1.3m to projects tackling the impacts of the pandemic. This has felt like ‘our moment’ and we have been honoured to be able to enable something so positive during a very difficult time for Cambridgeshire.
Our response to the pandemic has been in addition to our ongoing work. Our unique approach is based upon empowering communities to identify how to enact positive change from the ground up. Located in Cambridge, we work all over Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and are part of worldwide network of Community Foundations on a mission to improve lives and communities in their local areas. In our latest year 2019/20 we awarded 750 grants totalling £2,427,000. The grants support community-focussed organisations helping people from across our county.
This vacancy offers an exciting opportunity to play a key role in our growing team.
CCF aims to deliver a successful grant-making programme that encourages strong applications from voluntary groups and charities, critically assesses them and makes recommendations to Donors to distribute funds.
As Grants Officer you will play a pivotal role in the programme team – assisting with marketing, planning, delivering and reporting on our grant-making programme to ensure targets are met.
- To identify groups and input marketing ideas to reach programme and fund spend targets
- To process/ oversee the processing of grant applications including advising applicants, scrutinizing accounts and governing documents, assessing applications, preparing paperwork, creating reports, evaluating monitoring and attending donor panels
- To take responsibility for end-to-end delivery of certain programmes
- To build specialist knowledge of CCF database
- To take an active role in continuous improvement and best practice initiatives
Our Grants Officers require:
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven customer-facing skills
- Confident numeracy skills
- Commitment to quality
In addition the successful candidate will have:
- Proven eye for detail - be able to produce, analyse and proofread reports/communications to a high standard of accuracy
- Experience of planning, organising and prioritising workloads effectively
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office (and 365) and proven experience of using databases
The successful Grants Officer will be a positive and focused individual who can take the initiative as well as follow prescribed processes. Flexibility, enthusiasm and a commitment to our lively and ambitious team are key to our future.
CCF’s office is based in Cambridge but our approach is a blend of office and homeworking. In order to access the office, which is on Marshall’s airport site, all staff must complete DBS and security checks in order to obtain a security pass.
Some travel to meetings across the county (some rural locations) is required as are occasional evening meetings and events. Driving license and access to a vehicle is desirable.
Salary will rise to £22,500 upon completion of successful 6 month probationary period.
All staff receive 25 days holiday per annum and all staff are auto-enrolled in CCF’s pension scheme provided by NEST.
To apply either download an application form here or email Grants and Operations Manager Viv Atkinson to request one.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the volume of responses we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals. If you have not heard back within 7 days from the application deadline please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.
We treat everyone equally.
To apply download an application form here or email Bridget Mailley to register your interest and request one.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.