Camp Mohawk is a small charity with a small, dedicated team of staff that supports a large population. We are looking for someone to join our team on a permanent, part time basis to assist with income generation from grants and trusts, as well as local business, community events and groups and individuals. We receive no statutory funding and rely on the generosity of our many donors and supporters to carry out vital and desperately needed work. Charitable trusts and foundations are a very important source of income for Camp Mohawk and we have created this new role to grow that income and ensure that we are maintaining excellent relationships with our funders.
We are looking for someone committed, passionate, who has great communication, research skills and attention to detail, who enjoys making and developing relationships with funders.
Reporting to the Project Manager you will:-
- Familiarise yourself with the projects and services Camp Mohawk provides, the challenges faced by those accessing the services and how the services address those challenges
- Work closely with the Project Manager and other project coordinators to ensure accurate budgets are prepared for projects in a timely manner
- Take the lead in researching and applying to potential new trusts and foundations for funding for Camp Mohawk’s core costs and specific revenue/capital projects
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with Camp Mohawk’s existing funders and explore further funding opportunities as relevant
- Work closely with the Community Fundraising and Publicity Officer to ensure donations are acknowledged as required
- Notify the Finance Team of all relevant information relating to incoming donations
- Work closely with Project Manager and Project Coordinators to ensure funds are spent according to funder requirements with appropriate evidence collected
- Work closely with Project Manager and Project Coordinators to ensure appropriate service user feedback is collected and reported
- Maintain accurate records for each funder, ensuring a prompt thank you process is followed, and regular timely updates provided
- Maintain a portfolio of Trusts and Foundations, keeping accurate records of all bids made, grants received and prospective funders
- Work alongside the Community Fundraising and Publicity Officer to maintain existing local donor relationships and foster new links and opportunities
- Attend local fundraising events, networking meetings and other funding related events as required
- Support the Community Fundraising and Publicity Officer in making applications to companies and community groups
- Undertake such duties as the Project Manager / Board of Trustees deem appropriate that may not be covered by this Job Description.
See below for a person specification. Flexible working hours. Limited evening and weekend work may be required. Salary £25,012 FTE (14 – 28 hours / week dependent on candidate)
Please submit your CV, together with a covering letter stating why your skills, knowledge and ability are a good match for the role making particular reference to the points contained within the person specification.
Person Specification - Trusts Fundraiser
Candidates will be expected to meet all essential attributes (listed as (E)) and the majority of desirable (D) attributes.
Skills and Abilities
Excellent spoken communication and 'people skills' (E)
Excellent written communication (E)
Highly organised, with excellent prioritisation and time management skills (E)
IT literate and competent in Microsoft applications (E)
Capable of working to targets, and meeting deadlines (E)
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision / support (E)
Proven experience researching funding opportunities and writing compelling applications for support (E)
Experience of generating annual income in the 6 figure range (D)
Experience of delivering presentations to varied audiences (D)
Fundraising experience in the field of disability (D)
Fundraising experience in a small charity (D)
Knowledge of research tools available for finding new funding opportunities (E)
Knowledge of the issues facing families, and individuals, affected by disability (D)
Knowledge of funding opportunities that support disability and children / young people (D)
Personal Attributes and Other Requirements
Has own transport (D) and willing to travel to networking events / meetings (E)
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well to adults, children and young people (E)
Positive support for the aims and work of Camp Mohawk (E)
Able to act as Ambassador for the Trust in the promotion of its work (E)
Willing to undertake further courses/training in the enhancement of the role (E)
Commitment to work within the policies of Camp Mohawk (E)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.