We are a charity dedicated to ensuring that people most impacted by injustice are leading campaigns that affect their lives, from better housing to fairer treatment of migrants to LGBTQ+ rights. Our mission is to support people to run effective campaigns that challenge injustice. We do this by running campaign training programmes that help people develop the skills, confidence and community to change things that matter to them. In our trainings, we prioritise people from communities directly impacted by injustice. In response to the urgent needs created by Covid-19 we are taking our training online and need an experienced trainer to join our internal team of trainers.
About the job
We are seeking a Trainer who will help us design and deliver content for our exciting new distance learning programme for campaigners. This is a new area of work for us that has arisen from the social distancing requirements of the covid-19 pandemic. We are looking for an experienced trainer with strong online facilitation skills who can be active in the development of this area of work guiding what our new programme looks like going forward. The successful applicant will join our existing team of trainers providing accessible campaigning training to people most directly impacted by injustice in this country and globally, such as low-income/working-class people, people of color, disabled people, LGBTQ+ people and migrants/refugees/asylum seekers.
We are looking for someone who has experience in delivering training focused on campaigns. You’ll be supporting our new and existing work which has empowered our graduates to testify before Parliament, organise national demonstrations, change laws and create successful campaigns addressing issues in their communities.
We know there is a huge demand for our work, so are working hard to grow our organisation in a sustainable way. You’ll be a key part of doing that - by helping us deliver powerful online programmes.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of training programmes and resources
- Deliver remote training to participants
- Help to build a community of campaigners
- Administrative support for the training programme
Contribute to the ongoing development of training programmes and resources
- Revise and create training materials to meet our participants needs
Deliver remote training to participants
- Support external facilitators and trainers in delivery of distance learning
- Contribute to the recruitment of participants for distance learning including selection and preparation of participants as required
- Develop session plans and post-session write ups for distance learning trainings
- Lead workshops and facilitate discussions in our virtual and remote training activities
Help to build and support the community of participants and graduate campaigners
- Assist with the development and delivery of alumni programmes
- Support participants’ emotional and access needs before and during the training to enable equitable participation in campaign bootcamps activities including our alumni programmes.
Administrative support for the training programme
- Manage evaluation and monitoring of community-based trainings
- Manage participant data in our Salesforce database
- Work within agreed budget
- Provide information for grant applications and reports
- Develop and maintain objectives and work plans for the roles responsibilities
- Work in a sustainable manner with consideration of the natural environment.
- External customer service: answer the general Campaign Bootcamp phone via Circleloop and relevant emails via our shared 'hello' inbox
- Any other reasonable tasks as directed by your line manager or Leadership Team
- At all times adhere to relevant legislation including GDPR
- At all times take personal responsibility for exhibiting behaviours in line with the person specification and the values of Campaign Bootcamp.
We are happy to consider applications to undertake the role in a job share.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.