We are seeking an experienced programme manager to manage our trainer development work, both internal and external.
Job Title: Training Delivery Manager
Department: Campaigns Training Delivery
Location: Anywhere in the UK (our whole organisation works from home at present)
Salary: £28,177 to £31,068 (FTE per year, plus an additional £3567 per year for those living in London)
Line Manager: Head of Training
Line Management: 4-5 trainers
Benefits: 5% employer pension contribution, 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and additional closure days in December
Hours of work: 1.0 FTE (equivalent 37.5 hours per week). Temporarily working reduced hours of 32.5 hours per week at full pay.
Flexible working: Core hours are 10am to 4.30pm. and we offer flexible working agreements
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: to August 2022
Application deadline: 9am GMT Monday 8 March 2021
Interviews: 18-19 March
We are a charity dedicated to ensuring that people most impacted by injustice are leading campaigns that affect their lives, from better housing to fairer treatment of migrants to LGBTQ+ rights. Our mission is to support people to run effective campaigns that challenge injustice. We do this by running campaign training programmes that help people develop the skills, confidence and community to change things that matter to them. In our trainings, we prioritise people from communities directly impacted by injustice. We are looking for an experienced programme manager to coordinate our work training trainers, both internally and externally, in our methodology.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced manager to manage our Trainer Development team. The purpose of that team is to coordinate delivery of external training for trainers work (Unpacked) and to manage the ongoing learning of our staff and freelance trainers. Unpacked is a groundbreaking programme that immerses trainers in our unique methodology, partially based on the work of US organisation Training for Change.
- Manage the Unpacked 12 month programme and additional Trainings for Trainers programmes including managing the budgets and being accountable to funders where relevant
- Select, recruit and support participants for training for trainers programmes
- Manage training logistics
- Support participants during and after our training programmes
- Support the ongoing professional development of our staff trainers
Manage the Unpacked 12 month programme and additional Trainings for Trainers programmes including managing the budgets and being accountable to funders where relevant.
- Be a main point of contact with the Lead Trainer in terms of being accountable to the programmatic strategy and training methodology.
- Manage internal team (e.g. line manage relevant staff and contractors involved in the design, delivery and evaluation of the train the trainer programmes)
Select, recruit and support participants for training for trainers programmes
- Manage outreach and selection process for participants for the programmes
- Manage operational communications with and support for participants, including meeting their access requirements and ensuring they have logistics information in good time
- Support UNPACKED participants to become members of a training community
Manage training logistics
- With the support of our Logistics, Systems and Operations team, ensure the smooth delivery of logistics for the training sessions, both online and in-person (where applicable), including venue/online training space, delivery of training materials to the space/participants, catering, support structures, socials, accommodation and travel
- Manage contracts and support for in-training delivery team, including agreeing and arranging contracts, supporting the team to meet and prep together
Support participants during and after our training programmes
- In partnership with the Alumni and Communications team manage external communications about the programme, such as profiles of the participants, blogs from trainers and participants, social media content
- With the support of the Logistics, Systems and Operations team, ensure that we gather evaluation data and integrate learnings from the data into our work
- In partnership with the Alumni and Communications team support alumni from the training for trainer programmes into the alumni pipelines and into the broader Bootcamp community
Support the ongoing professional development of our staff trainers
- Develop a process for to train new trainers when they join the organisation and to support trainers’ ongoing professional development
- Develop and maintain objectives and work plans for the roles responsibilities
- Work in a sustainable manner with consideration of the natural environment.
- External customer service: answer the general Campaign Bootcamp phone and emails
- Any other reasonable tasks as directed by your line manager or Leadership
- At all times adhere to relevant legislation including GDPR
- At all times take personal responsibility for exhibiting behaviours in line with the person specification and the values of Campaign Bootcamp.
See website for person specification.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.