We are a charity dedicated to ensuring that people most impacted by injustice are leading campaigns that affect their lives, from better housing to fairer treatment of migrants to LGBTQ+ rights. Our mission is to support people to run effective campaigns that challenge injustice. We do this by running campaign training programmes that help people develop the skills, confidence and community to change things that matter to them. In our trainings, we prioritise people from communities directly impacted by injustice. We are seeking an experienced trainer to join our internal team of trainers.
About the Job
We are seeking a Trainer who will help us design and deliver training for campaigners. We are looking for an experienced trainer with both in-person and online facilitation skills and experience. Currently, due to Covid-19, we have taken our trainings online, but the successful applicant will be tasked with delivering both online and in-person trainings once restrictions have been lifted. The successful applicant will join our existing team of trainers providing accessible campaigning training to people most directly impacted by injustice in this country and globally, such as low-income/working class people, people of colour, disabled people, LGBTQ+ people and migrants/refugees/asylum seekers.
We are looking for someone who has experience in delivering training focused on campaigns. You’ll be supporting our new and existing work which has empowered our graduates to testify before Parliament, organise national demonstrations, change laws and create successful campaigns addressing issues in their communities.
We know there is a huge demand for our work, so are working hard to grow our organisation in a sustainable way. You’ll be a key part of doing that - by helping us deliver powerful online and in-person programmes.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of training programmes and resources
- Deliver remote and in-person training to participants
- Help to build a community of campaigners
- Administrative support for the training programme
Contribute to the ongoing development of training programmes and resources
- Revise and create training materials to meet the participants’ needs
Deliver training to participants
- Lead workshops and facilitate discussions in both online and in-person training activities
- Contribute to the recruitment of participants for training including selection and preparation of participants as required
- Develop session plans and post-session write ups for trainings
- Support the Logistics team in organising logistics for training sessions, including but not limited to venue, risk management, food & travel for in-person training, and supporting technical and access needs before and during online training.
Help to build and support the community of participants and graduate campaigners
- Assist with the development and delivery of alumni programmes
- Support participants’ emotional and access needs before and during the training to enable equitable participation in Campaign Bootcamp’s activities including alumni programmes.
- Administrative support for the training programme
- Manage evaluation and monitoring of community-based trainings
- Manage participant data in our Salesforce database
- Work within agreed budget
- Provide information for grant applications and reports
- Develop and maintain objectives and work plans for the roles responsibilities
- Work in a sustainable manner with consideration of the natural environment.
- External customer service: answer the general Campaign Bootcamp phone via Circleloop and emails via hello inbox
- Any other reasonable tasks as directed by your line manager or Leadership
- At all times adhere to relevant legislation including GDPR
- At all times take personal responsibility for exhibiting behaviours in line with the person specification and the values of Campaign Bootcamp.
Experience, skills and behaviours
Experience delivering training in person
Experience designing, delivering and adapting training materials for different audiences
Experience working within communities impacted by injustice, including low-income/working class people, people of colour, disabled people, migrants and LGBTQ+ people. We are seeking someone who has experience working within these communities either through campaigning or other types of work
Able to communicate clearly and appropriately with different people
Able to work effectively under pressure
Able to prioritise a varied and fast-paced workload and deliver to deadline
Able to develop your own work plan and manage it independently
Ability to work independently
Be a “people person’, someone who enjoys engaging with new people and is a good listener, as well as a good communicator
Aware of how systemic injustice operates in our society (i.e. economic inequality, racism and heterosexism) and excited to explore how best to confront these issues in the workplace
Flexible and adaptable to change
Respond positively to new challenges
Experience delivering training online
Experience developing effective social media materials, outreach fliers and website content
Able to use technology in creative ways to interact
Able to take initiative to develop creative solutions to problems as they arise
Campaign Bootcamp welcomes applications from all suitably qualified individuals and are keen to enhance our team to reflect the diversity of the UK and the communities they serve. We encourage applications from disabled, LGBT and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
To apply for this position, please click the link to submit your CV and answer the application questions.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.