Camphill Village Trust is an award-winning national charity supporting people with learning and other disabilities. We provide housing, care, support and day opportunities to people with learning and other difficulties. We support people to be safe, healthy, happy and to be active citizens living a life of opportunity.
Purpose of the Role:
Working as part of our management team in the Delrow Community, this role will involve taking the lead in developing bespoke packages of Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) to meet the individual needs of people with a range of learning disabilities, including autism.
It is also to train, advise and support our staff with the implementation of strategies, to ensure we are providing consistent PBS across the Community.
- Improve communication for people we support (Switches, PECS, Eye Gaze, Makaton signing etc.). To also have knowledge of Dysphagia assessment and treatment.
- Advising on best practice and providing practice leadership and coaching to staff on Active Support and PBS.
- Provide positive behaviour support training and physical interventions training.
- Take a leading role in the assessment, transition, and implementation of plans for new people we support.
- Follow and shape policies, procedures, and practices. To make sure appropriate recording and reporting arrangements exist to support the delivery and evidencing of service delivery standards
What we are looking for:
- A Positive Behaviour Support Qualification or accreditation
- Proven record of working with adults with learning disabilities and Autism Spectrum disorder.
- Skilled in using PBS and functional assessment to improve people’s lives
- In depth experience of quality assurance processes and evidencing outcomes/standards.
You may either have substantial experience working in adult social care or have experience as a psychologist, a learning disabilities nurse or a social worker.
We can offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including 33 days annual leave, death in service benefits and access to our pension scheme.