Cambridge, Cambridgeshire (office/field based, with travel throughout Cambridgeshire)
Do you have experience of supporting vulnerable adults living with multiple needs? Want to take on a rewarding part-time role helping local people live the lives they choose? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Established in 1912, Cam Sight is a Cambridgeshire charity dedicated to supporting local people of all ages living with low vision and blindness.
We offer a broad range of services, including information and advice, advocacy, sports activities and access to technology to enhance independence, wellbeing and inclusion.
We’re now looking for a Support Worker to join us on a part-time basis for a one year contract, which has the potential to extend depending on funding.
- Salary of £21,693 pro rata
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata plus Bank Holidays
- Claimable expenses
- Join a friendly and caring team in a welcoming work environment
Low vision and blindness can turn a person’s life upside down. For many, it’s an experience that leaves them feeling frightened, isolated and like they are defined by their sight loss.
You’ll make a huge difference by supporting people during these difficult times, offering a friendly face and the advice, tools and encouragement they need to regain their independence.
So, if you are eager to do some real good with an organisation that values collaboration, accountability and empowering others, this is the role for you.
As a Support Worker, you’ll provide practical support to adults living with low vision and blindness across Cambridgeshire.
Visiting clients in their homes, you will:
- Identify and demonstrate equipment and magnification tools that will best support clients
- Provide advice and support on benefit applications and complete documentation on behalf of clients
- Refer clients to other sources of support, both within and outside of Cam Sight
- Promote our work and build positive relationships with the local authority, as well as health and care services
To join us as a Support Worker, you’ll need:
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults living with multiple needs
- An understanding of benefit systems
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong interpersonal skills and empathy with people of all ages and backgrounds, particularly those with low vision and blindness
- A full driving licence
Other organisations may call this role Community Outreach Worker, Community Support Worker, Sight Loss Support Worker, Adult Support Worker, Care Support Worker, Outreach Support Worker, or Caseworker.
Flexible working hours. This is a part-time role, working 28 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
Webrecruit and Cam Sight are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to make a positive difference as a Support Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.