*** Fixed Term Contract to 30th November 2021 ***
We're the charity who look after and brings to life 2,000 miles of waterways across Wales and England, because we believe that life is better by water. Every role across the Trust plays it's part in transforming our canals and rivers into spaces where local people want to spend time and feel better, bringing wellbeing benefits to millions.
Reporting to the Project Lead, the Project Coordinator will support achieving the outcomes of the externally funded Active Waterways Cheshire programme through the coordination and delivery of activities to engage over 55s in physical activity and support volunteer led delivery through the management of a group of Active Waterway volunteers. This a very pro-active and balanced role, aiding both digital and in person delivery at sites as and when required.
These programmes work in partnership with Sport England's active ageing campaigns.
Location - The successful candidate will work remotely, from a location where travel and access to our North West regional offices/hubs and the project delivery locations across Cheshire is possible.
All outdoor activities will be conducted under strict Covid-19 guidelines to ensure the safety of both our teams and participants.
About the role
- Coordinate & support the delivery of face to face and online programmes of activities for over 55s utilising project volunteers and external agencies.
- Act as activity leader / coach for some activities within the programme
- Support the delivery of the volunteer strategy including the recruitment, selection of volunteers and management of those directly engaged in the project.
- Deliver training to volunteers based on their identified training needs.
- Lead on the coordination of the volunteer induction and training programme
- Provide 1:1 support for project volunteers, including goal setting for both volunteers and participants.
- Support the promotion of volunteering with the project including liaison with stakeholder groups.
- Lead on the collection and capture of data on volunteers and project participants for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Support the implementation of the Marketing and Communications plan including the delivery of a local participant and volunteer recruitment campaign.
- Manage the Project Advisory group and lead on communications with the group.
- Prepare risk assessments and safeguarding plans to enable the activities to be undertaken safely and without risk of harm to any individuals in the Trust’s care.
- Ensure that each activity delivered is measured and monitored in line with project requirements.
- Experience in project & activity delivery / task management.
- Comprehensive experience in managing volunteers.
- Proven experience in community engagement.
- Proven experience in relationship management.
- Some experience in event planning.
- Experience in data collection / evidence to demonstrate project outcomes and impact.
- Some experience with the media and of publicity / marketing.
- Knowledge of safety management.
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams of volunteers and participants.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Strong time management skills.
- Lead by example, ensure your team take responsibility for the safety of colleagues, volunteers, themselves and customers. Comply with Canal & River Trust’s Health & Safety policy and defined standards. Investigate and report incidents, accidents and near misses. Ensure safe use of appropriate equipment, prepare Risk Assessments and Method Statements ensuring contents are understood and acted upon.
- To be aware of your own responsibilities regarding safeguarding and to support our commitment to providing safe environments and working practises that promote and protect the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk at all times.
As this role is on the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 Exception Order applicants must state the details of any cautions or convictions whether spent or unspent on the self-disclosure section of the application form.
A criminal record is not necessarily a bar to employment with us. HR will advise and decisions made on a case-by-case basis.
We are currently conducting our interview processes virtually as we continue to respect and follow necessary social distancing guidance to protect our team and our candidates. You may be invited to a face-to-face further stage interview which will always be conducted following strict social distancing guidelines.
What We Offer
In addition to your salary, we offer access to a generous contributory DC Pension Plan, and excellent annual holiday entitlement. More information on our benefits can be found via our 'apply' portal.
We aim to represent the diverse communities we are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do.
All candidates will be treated on the basis of their merits, skills and abilities and solely by being assessed against the requirements for the job. Many of our vacancies can be considered for people who wish to work flexibly, job share or part time.
Find out more about the work we do on our website.