*** Part time job share, 15 hours Per Week - Thursday & Friday ***
We are the charity who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales, because we believe that life is better by water. Every role across the Trust plays its part in transforming our canals and rivers into spaces where local people want to spend time and feel better, bringing wellbeing benefits to millions.
As Communications and Campaigns Manager, you will support the Trust‘s objectives of increasing brand awareness, gaining wider public and institutional support and delivering health and wellbeing outcomes, enhance and promote the work of the Trust in the Yorkshire & North East Region. You will strengthen the Trust’s brand reputation and maximise our impact and voice.
We’ve staff and volunteers doing some amazing things across our region and we’ve some fantastic stories to tell about the difference they are making.
Learn more about our region and network via our 'apply' portal.
The role will be based working from home, with the allocation of a nearby Hub for collaborative working in Leeds.
It is therefore essential that you are able to effectively work from home.
About the role
- Support the Trust’s strategic goals by identifying, shaping and placing news stories in target media - contributing to the delivery of 220 episodes of Trust media coverage per month, of which more than 80% is positive.
- Provide a first point of contact for media enquiries, including contributing to a 24-hr, year-round out-of-hours rota.
- Provide communications support to colleagues to help achieve the Trust’s objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring that spend on events, campaigns, photographers, design and print etc. is delivered on budget.
- Deliver agreed campaigns, including initiatives such as our Plastics campaign, Share the Space as well as our Water safety campaign. (Leading on event set up to support these campaigns and integrating media relations, digital, and traditional marketing and fundraising) to meet the Trust’s strategic goals.
- Protect the Trust’s reputation in response to crises and providing professional guidance for Trust spokespeople.
- Actively participate in regional forums to encourage a wider understanding of and take up of media opportunities.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, ideally in a relevant discipline.
- Understanding of the UK print, broadcast and social media – local, regional, national and trade – and experience working with journalists.
- Experience of leading on delivery of and supporting national campaigns.
- Experience of contributing to the creative development of new ideas, strategies, and stories as part of wider teams.
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure in a small team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including experience in copywriting and proof-reading.
- Proactive, engaging and innovative.
- Strong people skills and ability to build networks.
We are currently conducting our interview processes virtually as we continue to respect and follow necessary social distancing guidance to protect our team and our candidates. You may be invited to a face to face further stage interview which will always be conducted following strict social distancing guidelines.
To Apply: click on the "Apply for this job" button and follow the process - complete the application form & upload current CV.
What We Offer
In addition to your annual salary of £12,500, we also offer a generous holiday entitlement, and a competitive contributory DC Pension scheme. Further details can be found via our 'apply portal'.
We are striving to represent the diverse communities that we are a part of. All applicants will be treated on the basis of their merits, skills and abilities and solely by being assessed against the requirements for the job.