We are the charity who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales, because we believe that life is better by water. Every role across the Trust plays it's part in transforming our canals and rivers into spaces where local people want to spend time and feel better, bringing wellbeing benefits to millions.
We are looking for a Community & Youth Events Coordinator to join our North West team, covering the regions C&Y development projects.
The role of Community & Youth-Events Coordinator is to support the Trusts strategic programme delivery through community and youth engagement, and local events. The post holder will build effective relationships with local communities/partner organisations to develop and deliver a variety of projects/interventions/activities for a range of people including young people (13 & 25 yrs old).
The role will be based working from home, with the allocation of a nearby Hub for collaborative working in Ellesmere Port or Burnley.
This is a regional role but there will be an expectation that the successful candidate will be able travel to attend meetings or occasional fieldwork throughout the regional waterway network.
See our network on our website.
As this role is on the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 Exception Order applicants must state the details of any cautions or convictions whether spent or unspent on the self-disclosure section of the application form.
This job involves regulated activity with children and adults at risk as defined by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. Therefore, an Enhanced Criminal Record check will be undertaken by the successful candidate prior to employment.
A criminal record is not necessarily a bar to employment with us. HR will advise and decisions made on a case by case basis.
- To work with the Regional Team on the priorities for the region in-terms of community and youth engagement.
- Support/deliver the region in delivery of local engagement events.
- Identify and develop strong working relationships with a wide range of organisations in the designated areas.
- For Funded Projects complete and submit regular project monitoring and reporting in line with Lead Partner and Funder requirements.
- Display the Trust values and behaviours at all times.
- Ensure that diversity and inclusion are integrated into all aspects of Trust life and promoting inclusion by challenging behaviour, practices, actions, or decisions that are counter to the objectives of the Trust’s policies and values.
- This job involves regulated activity with children and adults at risk as defined by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. Therefore an Enhanced Criminal Record check will be undertaken by the successful candidate prior to employment.
You will have the following work experience:
- Worked with the community and/or young people, including developing and delivering practical tasks and activities.
- Tangible experience successfully delivering projects/events in partnership with other relevant organisations, both in person and/or digitally.
- Konwledge of how to source and coordinate social action/volunteer projects.
- Understanding of project management, delivery, reporting and evaluation.
- Working knowledge of issues relating to working with young people or vulnerable people including safeguarding.
- Worked within the Third Sector/Voluntary organisations is desirable.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that will transfer well to event organising.
- High levels of energy and commitment.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings / weekends as required.
- Ability to work unsupervised and alone when appropriate.
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills, managing a diverse workload.
- Ability to manage budgets.
Click on the "Apply for this job" button and follow the process - complete the application form & upload current CV.
If you have any questions about the role please contact the Recruitment Team.
We are currently conducting our interview processes virtually as we continue to respect and follow necessary social distancing guidance to protect our team and our candidates. You may be invited to a face to face further stage interview which will always be conducted following strict social distancing guidelines.
In addition to your salary, you will receive access to a competitive contributory DC Pension scheme arrangement, and numerous other employee benefits, including several salaries sacrifices benefits. We are also open to flexible working arrangements. Further details can be found on our website.
We aim to represent the diverse communities we are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do.
Find out more about the work we do and opportunities we have on our website.