*** 13 Month Maternity Contract ***
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced marketer to lead the dynamic digital marketing team at the Canal & River Trust on a 13 month maternity home-based working contract.
Overseeing a term of digital specialists that manage advertising, email, PPC (Google Grants), marketing automation, information governance and digital first campaigns - we are looking for an experienced marketer with strong digital marketing, leadership, and project management skills to join our team.
You will be good at building relationships with multiple stakeholders, be able to manage and set defined key deliverables for your team and support the head of marketing and head of fundraising with shaping digital fundraising transformation.
Your team are key in delivering relevant and cost-effective advertising acquisition of new and relevant supporters into our social and email channels. Your team also focuses on driving increased engagement that exceeds benchmarks and improved conversions via our email channels with relevant and dynamic journeys that feed into our CRM, keeping all the above compliant with best practise information governance.
The Canal & River Trust is the charity helping making life better by water for millions of people each year. It takes an extraordinary team to bring our waterways to life and that’s where you come in, if you have experience as an acquisition manager, senior digital marketer, marketing manager, CRM digital marketing manager or similar we would love to hear from you.
The role will be based working from home, with the allocation of a nearby Hub for collaborative working in Birmingham or Hatton.
About the role
As the successful candidate, you will be highly self-motivated and demonstrate the difference you and your teams work makes to the Trust’s vision and outcomes. You will be an excellent communicator and goal setter who is good at managing teams, collaborating with, and influencing stakeholders. You won’t be afraid to take on new challenges, look for creative solutions to problems and will look for innovative ways to achieve targets and improve digital automation and marketing performance.
- Lead and motivate a team of four digital professionals – comprising two part-time email executives, one digital marketing specialist and one advertising assistant to deliver and grow the Canal & River Trust’s national digital marketing, stewardship and retention programmes.
- Supervise and influence the budgets, targets, and direction of our PPC, acquisition advertising, data science and other digital marketing work.
- Lead on agency pitches and service tenders responding to the evolving needs and services of the digital marketing function.
- Manage the budgets, contracts, and marketing development of the Trust’s marketing automation tool, Marketo, which delivers our email marketing, audience management and relevant journeys for our supporters.
- Oversee the national email marketing, campaigns and fundraising calendar and project manage email workflows, priorities, delivery times, campaigns and resources needed to deliver on time and to brief.
- Lead a team of email marketers to develop and define national email newsletter programmes and processes that respond to internal email campaign briefs, delivering on time and to email best practise standards.
- Deliver digitally-led citizen science marketing projects that engage a new supporter base, promote mass engagement and drive audience participation, including briefing in web development work
- Co-lead on marketing information governance ensuring that marketing processes across wider teams align with policies and laws.
- Drive digital transformation across teams, work with colleagues from content, social, digital, campaigns and fundraising to deliver digital first marketing.
- Present marketing reports and insights to a very high and professional standard across PowerPoint, excel and word, including reporting on organisational KPIs.
- Take on new projects and challenges, as and when required, in order to help deliver organisational strategy and goals.
Skills and experience:
- Substantial digital marketing experience.
- Proven leadership and people management.
- Track record of leading email marketing schedules.
- Advanced experience of media buying and acquisition models.
- A superior knowledge of working with marketing automation systems, a good working knowledge of Marketo would be an advantage.
- A track record of managing successful social media advertising and PPC (incl. Google Grants) campaigns.
- Advanced experience of digital tracking (UTM, GTM, GA, GLCID).
- Proven experience of managing GPDR / data security / information governance.
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills.
- Experience of benchmarking and key deliverable setting.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- A good combination of creative and analytical skills.
We are looking for a candidate that can succeed working in a fast-paced environment. This role will require someone who is agile and flexible in their approach to work, can take on new challenges, is solutions-led and a big team player.
Qualifications & Education:
- Candidate should ideally be educated to degree level, or with equivalent experience.
We are currently conducting our interview processes virtually as we continue to respect and follow necessary social distancing guidance to protect our team and our candidates. You may be invited to a face to face further stage interview which will always be conducted following strict social distancing guidelines.
To Apply: click on the "Apply for this job" button and follow the process - complete the application form & upload current CV.
What We Offer
In addition to your annual salary of c. £40,000, we also offer a generous holiday entitlement, and a competitive contributory DC Pension scheme. Further details can be found via our 'apply portal'.
We are striving to represent the diverse communities that we are a part of. All applicants will be treated on the basis of their merits, skills and abilities and solely by being assessed against the requirements for the job.
Find out more about the work we do on our website.