*** 12 Month Fixed Term Contract ***
The Canal & River Trust is the charity helping making life better by water for millions of people each year. It takes an extraordinary team to bring our waterways to life and that’s where you come in, if you have experience as an acquisition manager, digital marketer, digital marketing executive or similar we would love to hear from you.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced digital marketer to join the dynamic digital marketing team at the Canal & River Trust on a 12 month home-based working contract.
Managing both our in-house Digital Advertising Assistant and our partner agency, this Digital Marketing Specialist role is responsible for delivering a wide range of digital marketing support for the Canal & River Trust.
Responsible for data science, tracking (GTM/UTM/GA) google grants (PPC) and digital acquisition media, your role requires a detailed understanding of the analytical side to marketing and a proven track record in delivering high calibre, results-focused digital marketing. You will have advanced experience of:
- Successful acquisition media buying against targets.
- Strong analytical skills to optimise and evaluate campaigns.
- A detailed knowledge of audience targeting and segmentation methods.
- Excellent agency management experience to ensure projects are delivered both on brief, budget and time.
You will be good at building relationships with multiple stakeholders, be able to manage and set defined key deliverables and be able to report back to stakeholders both with results and with optimisation recommendations.
The role will be based working from home, with the allocation of a nearby Hub for collaborative working in Birmingham, Hatton or Milton Keynes.
About the role
As the successful candidate, you will be highly self-motivated and demonstrate the difference your work makes to the Trust’s vision and outcomes. You will be an excellent communicator and goal setter who is good at managing stakeholders. You won’t be afraid to take on new challenges, look for creative solutions to problems and will look for innovative ways to achieve targets and improve digital marketing performance.
- Lead and motivate our in-house Digital Advertising Assistant with best practise advertising to support our regions and specialist departments.
- Manage our retainer, contract, and scope of work with our partner digital agency across Acquisition, Google Grants (PPC), Data science and end to end digital marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with our agency and web development team to implement tracking, GTM tags, lead generation forms, goals and on page CRO testing
- Manage certain aspects of the Trust’s Marketing Automation platform (Marketo) to create segments that help us execute paid for advertising opportunities across digital platforms
- Lead the Trusts website ‘pop up’ and ‘CTA’ framework and manage the development of any other new digital marketing incentives or value exchange products that help the Trust in meeting digital objectives.
- Present digital marketing reports and insights to a very high and professional standard across PowerPoint, excel, Data studio and word.
- Support the campaigns and fundraising teams with wider digital marketing work, including – but not limited to agency brief response reviews and media reviews.
- Working in a fast-paced and reactive environment, you will be expected to take on additional roles, responsibilities and in some cases team members if and when required, in line with any changes in organisational needs.
Skills and experience
- Strong hands on digital marketing experience.
- Advanced experience of media buying and acquisition with a proven track record of managing advertising across a variety of platforms and buying models.
- Demonstrable experience of budget forecasting, tracking to targets and management of annual spend goals.
- Proven experience of managing agencies, multiple briefs, and multiple stakeholders.
- Advanced experience of digital tracking (UTM, GTM, GA, GLCID).
- Advanced experience using Facebook and twitter ads managers and google ads.
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills.
- Experience of benchmarking and key deliverable setting.
- A solid understanding of relevant data protection advertising legislation.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- A good combination of creative and analytical skills.
- Line management experience.
- Advanced decision-making skills.
- Experience using project management tools such as basecamp and Teams.
We are looking for a candidate that can succeed working in a fast-paced environment. This role will require someone who is agile and flexible in their approach to work, is solutions-led and a big team player.
Qualifications & Education:
- Candidate should ideally be educated to degree level, or hold strong equivalent experience.
- Institute of Marketing Diploma (Desirable).
To Apply: click on the "Apply for this job" button and follow the process - complete the application form & upload current CV.
We are currently conducting our interview processes virtually as we continue to respect and follow necessary social distancing guidance to protect our team and our candidates. You may be invited to a face to face further stage interview which will always be conducted following strict social distancing guidelines.
What We Offer
In addition to your annual salary of c. £30,000, we also offer a generous holiday entitlement, and a competitive contributory DC Pension scheme. Further details can be found via our 'apply' portal.
We are striving to represent the diverse communities that we are a part of. All applicants will be treated on the basis of their merits, skills and abilities and solely by being assessed against the requirements for the job.
Find out more about the work we do on our website.