Location: Home based with requirement to attend Birmingham centre office
We’re the charity helping millions of people feel happier and healthier by spending more time on and along our canals and rivers. Our rich and tranquil spaces provide places to pause, relax and escape. But without extraordinary people, and the funding to make it happen, all of this would be lost. That’s where you come in.
The next 3 years will see an ambitious plan to accelerate growth in charitable income, building new communities of supporters from the ground up. We are looking for people passionate about relationship management and stewarding supporters to give a great experience whilst raising money for the Trust. We exist as a fundraising team so that we can do more for communities up and down the country using the power and benefits our waterways have to offer for Wellbeing, Nature, Employability & Urban Regeneration. If you are inspired to change lives young and old then we would love to hear from you. Join us, and make life better by water for everyone. Every day.
Knowledge, Skills/Qualifications & Experience
Digital is at the heart of our charity fundraising strategy and with ongoing investment in digital development and marketing activity, it's an exciting time to join our fundraising team.
In this role you will be responsible for the day-to-day planning, development and management of digital fundraising campaigns and activity (such as email, SMS, social and display) ensuring that fundraising income is maximised through digital channels.
This will require building a strong working relationship with the Trust Marketing team and specifically the Digital marketing colleagues to support the work of converting passive supporters and warm leads to active donors of the Trust.
A key part of your work will be supporting the fundraising acquisition team on both their social media activity (creating and editing ads and videos) and online content (fundraising and events pages), with the ultimate aim of developing and pushing out engaging and relevant digital content with which to recruit & steward supporters.
You will also be working closely with the Supporter Journey Manager, supporting the development of appropriate digital fundraising platforms, including the management of key fundraising programmes through a cycle of continual testing and improvement of content and user journeys.
This role sits within the Fundraising team reporting to the Fundraising Development Manager and working closely with the Supporter Journey Manager to ensure we provide a first-class level of stewardship and acquisition to all supporters who interact with us online.
Support the Fundraising Development Manager (and work with the digital marketing team) on the development and delivery of digital offerings to recruit new financial supporters, including e-appeals & newsletters, value exchange activity, social media, marketing content & digital stewardship plans.
Responsible for delivering against agreed recruitment and income targets annually and management of expenditure lines as agreed by the Fundraising Development Manager.
Work with the digital marketing team and supporter care team to develop and deliver engaging digital marketing content for income generation including adverts in existing newsletters, social media lead marketing & stewardship communications.
Work with Supporter Journey Manager to acquire and develop appropriate digital fundraising platforms, including management of key fundraising programmes and e-mail journeys within the Marketo system.
Lead on the operational delivery of the marketing and stewardship of any supporters who are donating via agreed digital platforms (ie GivePanel, MakeitDonate, AmazonSmile, Online In-Memory platform, etc) ensuring all work aligns and is developed considering every step of the funnel.
Work with the wider fundraising team to integrate digital journeys considering all channels. Optimise and test landing pages for the acquisition and work to develop journeys further with relevant stakeholders with a focus on audience acquisition and analysis of digital channels for fundraising purposes.
Manage digital reporting elements with regards to the fundraising digital acquisition work, ensuring all fundraising digital activity is measurable with digital tracking and attribution methods in place to deliver performance reports for all our digital fundraising campaigns.
Proactively maintain excellent knowledge of digital fundraising practices and campaigns in the sector, including competitor analysis, to ensure you are able to strengthen the output of the team from experience and knowledge.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills: Practical / Technical Knowledge
- The skills, qualification and experience necessary for full and effective performance of the job.
- Good level of education with passes to GCSE level or equivalent, including English Language and Maths
- Experience of delivering digital acquisition campaigns using multiple channels
- Experience of working with content feedback loops and to brand guidelines
- Excellent working knowledge of social media, advertising and digital platforms (particularly digital fundraising platforms)
- Broad understanding on digital marketing techniques such as Display, Social, SEO and PPC
- Competence in Google Analytics, GTM AdWords and search marketing
- Excellent working knowledge of measuring, interpreting and evaluating performance data
Knowledge, Experience & Skills: Planning, Organising and integrating (managerial)
- The knowledge required for integrating and managing activities and functions.
- Excellent understanding of Fundraising regulation and statutory data compliance, particularly around Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
- Proven track record in running a successful digital fundraising/sales campaigns
- Experience of working with fundraising budgets and income across digital channels
- Experience with digital tracking and attribution methods
- Experience of building supporter journeys
- Experience of working within or alongside a fundraising team
- Experience working with Digital KPI’s (ROI, CPL, etc)
Knowledge, Experience & Skills: Communicating and Influencing skills
- The skills needed to communicate with and influence individuals and / or groups within and outside the organisation.
- You understand what motivates people to give and how digital can create a better experience for supporters
- Working in collaboration with others is second nature to you
- Effective analytical skills in relation to verbal, written and numerical data.
- An attention to detail to ensure accuracy, robustness and compliance of data used and store.
- Highly organised & understanding of effective process mapping.
- Motivation, Beliefs & Actions
- Commercially aware, able to spot opportunities and trends
- Self-motivated and ensure that your work is of the highest quality
- A creative thinker who can demonstrate a passion for innovation and apply it to working practices
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
- Willing to adopt the Trust’s values as your own: caring, openness and transparency, supporting the local community, involving others, and striving for excellence
What We Offer
In addition to your salary of £28,000, the Canal & River Trust offers a competitive contributory DC Pension scheme arrangement, great holiday entitlement (increasing with years of service) and numerous other employee benefits, including several salary sacrifice benefits.
We aim to represent the diverse communities we are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do. All candidates will be treated on the basis of their merits, skills and abilities and solely by being assessed against the requirements for the job.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.