Location: Home based with requirement to attend Birmingham centre office
We’re the charity helping millions of people feel happier and healthier by spending more time on and along our canals and rivers. Our rich and tranquil spaces provide places to pause, relax and escape. But without extraordinary people, and the funding to make it happen, all of this would be lost. That’s where you come in.
The next 3 years will see an ambitious plan to accelerate growth in charitable income, building new communities of supporters from the ground up. We are looking for people passionate about relationship management and stewarding supporters to give a great experience whilst raising money for the Trust. We exist as a fundraising team so that we can do more for communities up and down the country using the power and benefits our waterways have to offer for Wellbeing, Nature, Employability & Urban Regeneration. If you are inspired to change lives young and old then we would love to hear from you. Join us, and make life better by water for everyone. Every day.
We currently have a vacancy within our Individual Giving & Legacy Team for a Supporter Care Assistant to administer all aspects of the supporter care and retention programme. Read below to find out more about the role.
Location: This is a remote working role, and as such we are very pleased that we can offer flexibility in location, however the successful candidate will be expected to attend our Birmingham centre hub/office (and other locations on occasions) for team and collaboration meetings on a monthly basis.
About the role:
This role will assist the Supporter Journey Manager to administer all aspects of the supporter care and retention programme. As Supporter Care Assistant you will help run the supporter retention programmes, in particular, but not exclusively, Friends, helping the Supporter Care Team with all aspects of this work.
You will ensure that procedures for setting up supporters are followed and administered. You will work with our systems to ensure new supporters are added in a GDPR compliant manner and you will ensure they have a great welcome to the Trust . You will also support the wider fundraising team across various projects and regular tasks.
Job Purpose: Key Accountabilities
- Manage supporter correspondence to an exceptional standard, ensuring service level agreements are met - manage the supporter mailbox (email or post), including correspondence with supporters; ensure that SLAs are set and met and seek advice and help to ensure all supporter queries are answered.
- Ensure that new supporters receive an exceptional Welcome Journey - extract data from our systems to ensure fulfilment of Welcome packs for all new supporters; ensure all supporters have welcome call and will supply welcome call data & will check returned data.
- Set up direct debits for new regular givers - manage the set-up and processing of all new direct debits from paper forms as well as electronic data; import new direct debits signs ups from suppliers and ensure that all information is stored correctly in the Trust CRM system.
- Set up procedures for supporters giving via mobile texts. The post will ensure that all set up, regular imports and exports are automated as much as is possible for text-giving, and that everything is GDPR compliant and has a programme of thorough tests.
- Import campaign data from suppliers - ensure that all data and UTM (or other tracking) is set up and in place when any campaigns and that correct fields and source codes are set up in our CRM system working with colleagues in IT and the data team; ensure an efficient supply of all data for email and mobile stewardship journeys ensuring exceptional supporter experience.
- Manage the database of supporters - all supporter feedback and changes to status or preferences are recorded accurately in the CRM and actioned as appropriate; take a proactive role in suggesting where better processes, systems and procedures should be put in place
- Cover the Legacy Giving Executive.
- Support the wider Supporter Development Team when appropriate such as making recommendations for future products and campaigns.
To ensure that we engage with and manage our supporters and deliver a positive experience with every contact, then it is essential to us that you understand what great customer service feels and looks like. Positive interactions matter to you and you care about providing prompt and clear communications to a very high standard. You will be part of a very busy team at a time when we are growing, and your ability to be flexible within the team to support and ensure we deliver, to adapt as priorities change and manage your time effectively are essential.
- Proven track record in supporting a successful supporter care programme
- Demonstrable experience of processing and inputting personal data with a strong understanding of GDPR compliance
- Good experience in working with a range of systems and processes.
- Experience of dealing with customer/supporter queries, complaints, or requests - strong and evident customer service mindset essential
- Excellent understanding on direct debits, standing orders, gift-aid and other payment methods.
- Excellent knowledge of CRM and database systems - experience of SAP and Sugar CRM will be an advantage, but not essential
- Experience of ‘quality control’ within a programme
- Experience of working with wider teams and agencies to support supporter care programmes
- Competence in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Outlook, Excel and Access
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
To Apply: click on the "Apply for this job" button and follow the process - complete the application form & upload current CV.
Interviews: Initial interviews will be conducted virtually by MS Teams.
If you have any questions about the role please contact the Recruitment Team.
In addition to your salary of £19,594, the Canal & River Trust offers a competitive contributory DC Pension scheme arrangement, great holiday entitlement (increasing with years of service) and numerous other employee benefits, including several salary sacrifice benefits, all of which can be found on our website.
We aim to represent the diverse communities we are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do. All candidates will be treated on the basis of their merits, skills and abilities and solely by being assessed against the requirements for the job.
Find our more about us on our website.