Location: Home based with requirement to attend Birmingham centre office
We’re the charity helping millions of people feel happier and healthier by spending more time on and along our canals and rivers. Our rich and tranquil spaces provide places to pause, relax and escape. But without extraordinary people, and the funding to make it happen, all of this would be lost. That’s where you come in.
The next 3 years will see an ambitious plan to accelerate growth in charitable income, building new communities of supporters from the ground up. We are looking for people passionate about relationship management and stewarding supporters to give a great experience whilst raising money for the Trust. We exist as a fundraising team so that we can do more for communities up and down the country using the power and benefits our waterways have to offer for Wellbeing, Nature, Employability & Urban Regeneration. If you are inspired to change lives young and old then we would love to hear from you. Join us, and make life better by water for everyone. Every day.
As we ensure we set our team up to deliver our ambious plans, we have an opportunity within our Individual Giving & Legacy Team for a Supporter Care Officer. In this role you will support the Supporter Journey Manager by overseeing all aspects of the supporter care and stewardship programme, ensuring operational delivery to high standards across the team. Read below to find out more about the role.
Location: This is a remote working role, and as such we are very pleased that we can offer flexibility in location, however the successful candidate will be expected to attend our Birmingham centre hub/office (and other locations on occasions) for team and collaboration meetings on a monthly basis.
About the role
As Supporter Care Officer, you will work closely with the Supporter Journey Manager, and will be responsible to oversee all aspects of the supporter care and stewardship programme, ensuring operational delivery to high standards across the team. An important aspect of this role is that you will supervise the Supporter Care Assistant, and help develop & implement the supporter experience programmes, in particular, but not exclusively, Friends. You will be working with the Supporter Journey Manager to implement and manage effective team workflows pertinent to delivering a great supporter experience, including banking & thanking & insight reporting. In additio you will also provide support to wider fundraising teams in reviewing, developing and implementing key supporter experience tools such as the CRM.
- Lead on the development of best practice supporter care processes to make best use of our CRM, automating where possible - working with in house or external data specialists to ensure these systems work for the Trust and for the supporter, moving the right data to the right places, quickly and securely; ensure that delivery of all supporter care processes is carried out in a compliant manner in relation to GDPR, PECR & the Fundraising Code of Practice.
- Ensure that new supporters receive an exceptional Welcome Journey - ensure all best practice processes are implemented at the start of a donor’s experience; ensure all consenting supporters have a welcome call and will manage the supply of relevant data at the right times to ensure compliance and high standards of service.
- Provide supporters with engaging communications aligned to their interests and the Trust’s ambition - working with our Content Team, digital marketing specialists and external agencies, to provide a range of interactive content to maintain the support of our donors; choosing appropriate content – stories, video, podcasts and interactive items – to feature in regular e-newsletters; checking this content; and building the e-mails via our digital marketing platforms.
- Working with the wider fundraising team and marketing colleagues to ensure that we have emotive, ethical and dynamic campaigns for renewing support and increasing individuals desire to give to the work of this Trust - This will involve but not limited to; digital campaigns, telephone marketing programmes & key messaging development.
- Lead on the development and project management of our Supporter Reactivation and Upsell programmes including annual campaigns.
- Report on supporter interactions using the CRM dashboard and our digital marketing platforms.
- Working with our Insights Team, report on single and regular gifts, changes to communication preferences, gone-aways and database edits
- Improve and develop a broad suite of standard thank you and welcome letters and e-mails.
- Supervise and oversee the work of the Supporter Care Assistant, providing guidance and assistance where necessary.
- Work alongside the Supporter Journey Manager and the Legacy Development Officer
- The role will also support the wider Individual & Legacy Giving Team - keeping abreast of new developments in fundraising and links to sponsored events, payroll giving and major donors.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Your experience in areas listed below is essential to us , you may be degree qualified.
- Excellent understanding on Direct Debits, Gift Aid and the standing orders,
- Excellent understanding of Fundraising regulation and statutory data compliance
- Excellent working knowledge of CRM and integrated database systems
- Competence in the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Outlook, Excel and MS Teams
- Proven track record in running a successful supporter care programme
- Very strong understanding of the important of great customer service in action, and experience in handling and managing a variety of customer enquiries.
- Demonstrable understanding of import, export, storage and processing of personal data
- Experience of Marketo, SAP and Sugar CRM will be an advantage, but not essential
- Experience of ‘quality control’ within a programme
- Track record of working with different financial systems that must ‘talk’ to each other
- Experience of working with wider teams and agencies to provide exceptional supporter care
- Effective analytical skills in relation to verbal, written and numerical data.
- An attention to detail to ensure accuracy, robustness and compliance of data stored.
- Highly organised & understanding of effective process mapping.
To Apply: click on the "Apply for this job" button and follow the process - complete the application form & upload current CV.
Interviews: Initial interviews will be conducted virtually by MS Teams.
If you have any questions about the role please contact the Recruitment Team.
In addition to your salary of £22,000 - £25,000, the Canal & River Trust offers a competitive contributory DC Pension scheme arrangement, great holiday entitlement (increasing with years of service) and numerous other employee benefits, including several salary sacrifice benefits, all of which can be found on our website.
We aim to represent the diverse communities we are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do. All candidates will be treated on the basis of their merits, skills and abilities and solely by being assessed against the requirements for the job.
Find our more about us on our website.