Campaigns Volunteer Manager (Ambassador Manager)
Location: London but other locations considered, Full Time. We appreciate not everyone has the same working needs and we are able to offer flexible working.
Salary: Circa £40,000 plus benefits
1 in 2 people will get cancer in their lifetime.
Our research saves lives: Over the last 40 years, Cancer Research UK's work has helped double cancer survival rates in the UK. Our aim is for 3 in 4 people surviving their cancer by 2034.
Our Volunteer Ambassadors play a critical role in campaigning, helping us to inform, improve and change policy so that together, we can beat cancer.
Why we need you
Reporting into our Head of Public Affairs and Campaigns, we are looking for that special someone who can lead our ambitious Volunteer Ambassador programme to recruit, support, motivate and inspire a growing team of volunteers who want to campaign for change to help us beat cancer together.
Our Volunteer Ambassadors work with us to campaign locally and nationally to help bring about the policy changes we need so that together we can beat cancer sooner. Examples of key campaigns our Ambassadors are involved with include building the NHS cancer workforce to treat and diagnose cancers and measures to help reduce obesity and smoking.
You will be some who:
- Has a passion for people and their ability to use their experience and stories to motivate and move others.
- Listens to and lead over 300 (and growing) Volunteer Ambassadors and thousands of e-campaigners.
- Has experience of working across campaigns and managing volunteers to build strong networks and support to help them deliver key actions.
- Is proactive, inspiring and able to build strong relationships and committed to helping us achieve our vision to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
What will I be doing?
You make an impact every day by:
- Ensuring that Ambassador voice and insight is central to our campaigns and external engagements
- Developing and delivering the strategy for the Ambassador programme so that it meets the needs of our public campaigns and wider engagements
- Growing the reach and impact of our Ambassador programme both internally and externally
- Developing and maintaining a high-performing team (3 direct reports), creating a culture of innovation and continuous development
- Contributing to the wider work of Public Affairs and Campaigns team, working closely with the Campaigns Manager and supporting the work of the Head of Public Affairs & Campaigns.
To view a full candidate pack,
What skills are you looking for?
Join our collective force and help us lead the way through your…
- Strong experience of taking a people centred approach, working with volunteers on external campaigns
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills
- Line management, team leadership and volunteer engagement experience
- Experience of stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge and experience of implementing volunteer management policies, procedures and processes.
- Passion about volunteers and campaigning and making a case for change that benefits people, patients and professionals.
You do not need to have previous experience in or exposure to Government and the health service, this is beneficial but not essential.
Our optimism and desire for success leads us to constantly challenge ourselves and others, which means you'll be encouraged to stretch yourself in our dynamic environment.
What will I gain?
We want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, gym membership, childcare vouchers and much more. You'll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately, you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter (in one document), outlining how you meet the key responsibilities of the role through our careers page.
Application Deadline: Sunday 21st July (midnight)
Interviews: we plan for interviews to take plan w/c 29th July
(Note, the job title for this role internally is Ambassador Programme Manager)