Data & Reporting Analyst
Location: Angel (Stratford from autumn 2019)
Salary: Circa £34k - £37k + benefits
Contract: Permanent, full time
We will close to applications once we have a shortlist for interview so early application is strongly encouraged to avoid disappointment.
Are you a data reporting analyst with a passion for helping others understand their business? Can you marry solid technical skills with an understanding of what users need and how to deliver it? Join us and help us fund more world class research.
Why we need you
Research Evaluation plays a crucial role in driving strategic and operational decisions through monitoring, reporting on and evaluating the research that we fund. We are looking for a candidate with the technical skills to deliver the information we need, and the curiosity and drive to help us deliver a major upgrade to our reporting capabilities.
What will I be doing?
You ensure that the organisation has the right data available at the right time and in the right format to understand our research portfolio and the difference it's making.
Make an impact every day by:
- Taking responsibility for the development and maintenance of Research Evaluation's data resources
- Providing data to analysts and other business teams
- Delivering regular reports for committees, senior leadership and other business teams
- Contributing to the development and delivery of a new reporting structure for R&I
To view a full job description and introduction to Cancer Research UK please click here:
What skills are you looking for?
You'll be able to bring to the role:
- Proven experience in designing, maintaining and reporting from relational database systems
- Strong technical skills, including SQL and VBA
- A logical, organised and efficient approach, with an ability to prioritise and deliver
- An understanding of the cancer research funding landscape, and a clear understanding of the value of research monitoring and evaluation
Ideally, you'll also be able to demonstrate skills in report and dashboard design (for example, working with MS Power BI or similar.
What will I gain?
Without you we wouldn't be able to achieve our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034. So we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, gym membership, childcare vouchers and much more. You'll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately, you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.
If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter through our careers page, highlighting how your skills and experience make you suitable for the role.