Digital Communities Manager
Reports to: Head of Marketing and Communications, Cancer Grand Challenges
Location: Stratford, with flexible working options
Application method: CV and Cover Letter required
Application Deadline: We will be consistently shortlisting and interviewing for the role, so please apply as soon as possible
Interview Date: Interviews are planned to be held from mid-November, but as above, may take place sooner
Salary range for the role: £30,000-£40,000 (dependant on experience demonstrated at interview)
Cancer Grand Challenges (CGC) is a new global cancer research initiative co-founded by Cancer Research UK (CRUK) and the US National Cancer Institute (NCI). We dare the very best to come together and think differently to solve the most complex cancer challenges. We're setting up a new Cancer Grand Challenges team is at CRUK to drive the initiative.
As the Digital Communities Manager you'll build CGC's reputation and profile with key global audiences (researchers, donors, funders, industry, people affected by cancer, and the public) by developing and delivering digital communication channels to inform, inspire and engage these audiences with our purpose of making radical progress against cancer to benefit humankind.
In this role, you'll:
- Work with colleagues to create a detailed plan for digital communications as an integral and integrated part of the overarching CGC marketing and communications strategy;
- Develop and cultivate an understanding of the changing information needs of our audiences to ensure digital communications are tailored appropriately;
- Work with colleagues to create, commission and manage the development of creative, dynamic, digital assets (audio, video, flash, animations, images and illustrations) which can be shared across the web and on third-party websites and services.
You'll deliver our digital communications to an exemplary standard through attention to detail and an audience-centric approach, whilst staying on top of all new digital trends and technologies that we may want to make use of to ensure we're ahead of the game.
When considering applications for this role, the minimum experience we will be looking for is as follows:
- Relevant experience of managing digital communications, and running successful digital and/or social media channels and campaigns;
- Excellent understanding of the digital and social media landscape, and relevant experience of the principles and practice of successful digital and social media communications, including using and reporting on web and social media analytics to conduct audience research;
- Relevant experience of creating, commissioning and copywriting digital content, including rich media content assets (audio and visual), social, news and user-generated content with excellent proofreading, spelling, grammar and accuracy.
We're also looking for you to demonstrate relevant experience of building a specialist network and/or online community.
We're just setting out on our mission, so this is an exciting time to join. So, if you thrive in a fast paced, ambiguous environment and could demonstrate our core values of being purposeful, galvanising and daring get in touch.
For more information, take a look at the full candidate pack () and the new CGC website ().