Event Assistants - Scotland, Northern Ireland, North East
£8.91 per hour
Casual Worker Contract: August - November 2021
Locations: covering Scotland, Northern Ireland, North East
Do you have a passion for events and the ambition to make a difference?
The Events Assistant role is a fantastic opportunity to gain world class, hands-on experience working on some of the country’s leading charity events. After a year where vital cancer trials have been delayed, fundraising is more important than ever. In the fight against cancer, every moment counts and with our scheme you’ll play an integral role in the successful delivery of some of the largest events in the UK such as Shine, Pretty Muddy and our hugely successful flagship series Race for Life 5k and 10k.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals to...
• Support our events team to develop and deliver inspiring events
• Take responsibility for key areas of the event delivery including; course and site management, event administration and volunteer management
• Manage some operational responsibilities including setting up and dismantling the course and site equipment
Here at Cancer Research UK, we aim to save more lives by preventing, controlling and curing cancer. We’re game changers.
Join us and help pioneer more tomorrows through your....
• Passion for events and events management
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport with a range of people and the confidence to manage large groups of volunteers
• Proactive attitude, responding positively to new opportunities and challenges, with the confidence to make quick decisions
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills with the ability to multitask
• Strong team work skills, with the ability to work on your own initiative
Our aim of curing all cancers leads us to be increasingly ambitious, which is reflected in our fast paced and diverse environment. This means that you will be self-motivated and committed with an ability to think logically as well as creatively.
In this exciting and challenging role, you’ll work with our events teams to develop and deliver an inspiring event series, designed to engage supporters and maximise income for our pioneering research. You will gain experience in all aspects of event management and in managing time-pressured projects, building confidence, communication and relationship management skills. Many of our former Events Assistants have gone on to secure permanent Event Management positions.
Join us and work within the highest performing Events Team in the UK. Apply Today! Please see the following link for a full candidate pack: https://adobe.ly/3fdeYze
Closing date: Sunday 13th June 2021, 23:55pm
The health and safety of staff at our events is a key priority. We have planned all of our events to be covid safe in line with government guidelines and continue to review these as advice changes. All staff working at events will be given training on covid safety precautions and how they can keep themselves and others safe.