£8.72 per hour
Casual Worker Contract: May - November 2020
Locations: covering the North West - Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Merseyside, and North Wales (Please note, this is a field-based role, therefore applicants will need to live within the region for easy access and travel to events)
Do you have a passion for events and the ambition to make a difference?
The Events Assistant role is a fantastic opportunity to gain world-class, hands-on experience working on some of the country’s leading charity events. In the fight against cancer, every moment counts and with our scheme you’ll play an integral role in the successful delivery of some of the largest events in the UK such as Shine, Pretty Muddy and our hugely successful flagship series Race for Life 5k and 10k.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals to...
• Support our events team to develop and deliver inspiring events
• Take responsibility for key areas of the event delivery including; course and site management, event administration and volunteer management
• Manage some operational responsibilities including setting up and dismantling the course and site equipment
Here at Cancer Research UK, we aim to save more lives by preventing, controlling and curing cancer. We’re game-changers.
Join us and help pioneer more tomorrows through your...
• Passion for events and events management
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport with a range of people and the confidence to manage large groups of volunteers
• Proactive attitude, responding positively to new opportunities and challenges, with the confidence to make quick decisions
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills with the ability to multitask
• Strong team work skills, with the ability to work on your own initiative
Our aim of curing all cancers leads us to be increasingly ambitious, which is reflected in our fast-paced and diverse environment. This means that you will be self-motivated and committed with an ability to think logically as well as creatively.
In this exciting and challenging role, you’ll work with our events teams to develop and deliver an inspiring event series, designed to engage supporters and maximise income for our pioneering research. You will gain experience in all aspects of event management and in managing time-pressured projects, building confidence, communication and relationship management skills. Many of our former Events Assistants have gone on to secure permanent Event Management positions.
Join us and work within the highest performing Events Team in the UK. Apply Today!
Please see the following link for a full candidate pack: https://adobe.ly/39T9mGS
Closing date: Sunday 14th February 2019, 23:55
Please note: compulsory training will take place on 21st and 22nd April 2020. Unfortunately, if you cannot attend, we are unable to accept your application to this post.
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.