Salary: £9.00 per hour
Contract type: Casual worker
Application process: CV and short application questions
Field-based role - Driving licence needed as there is a requirement to drive and/or lend a van for this post. Expenses covered if using a personal vehicle
Location: Covering Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Merseyside and North Wales (please note, you will need to be located within these areas in order to be able to travel across the regions easily)
Do you have a passion for events and the ambition to make a difference?
The Merchandise Team Leader role within our Events is a fantastic opportunity to gain world-class, hands-on experience working on some of the country’s leading charity events. In the fight against cancer, every moment counts and with our scheme you’ll play an integral role in providing a fantastic opportunity for participants to buy event merchandise on the day. This activity will be delivered predominantly at Race for Life and Shine events but could include other opportunities as appropriate.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals to...
- Manage our Merchandise Activity across an identified number of events
- Manage the collections and returns of all kit and stock
- Manage all operational responsibilities
- Manage stock levels financial reconciliation
Here at Cancer Research UK, we aim to save more lives by preventing, controlling and curing cancer. We’re game-changers.
Join us and help pioneer more tomorrows through your...
- Passion for events and generating funds for Cancer Research UK
- Motivation, tenacity and ability to manage event kit, installation and sales at events Proactive in achieving results, capable of solving problems and responding positively to new opportunities and challenges
- Confident and practical attitude, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Exceptional communication skills and the confidence to represent Cancer Research UK
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills, with the ability to multitask and deliver to deadline
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build rapport with a range of people including volunteers, interact with public and liaise Cancer Research UK event staff
Our aim of curing all cancers leads us to be increasingly ambitious, which is reflected in our fast-paced and diverse environment. This means that you will be self-motivated and committed with an ability to think logically as well as creatively.
In this exciting and challenging role, you’ll work with our events teams to deliver the opportunity for participants to buy event merchandise on the day. Selling merchandise on event day helps to engage supporters and maximise income for our pioneering research. You will gain experience in all aspects of stock and merchandise management and in managing time-pressured projects, building confidence, communication and relationship management skills.
Join us and work within the highest performing Events Team in the UK. For full role details, please see our candidate pack here: https://adobe.ly/35YbcE6
Closing date: 14th February 2020, 23:55 pm
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.