Global Programme Lead
- Location: Stratford with regular international travel. Flexible working will be considered. We estimate the incumbent will need to be in Stratford circa 2 days per week once it's safe to do so.
- Salary: £52-58k
- Application process: We encourage candidates to anonymise their CV or submit your CV as a word document in order for us to anonymise it on your behalf. In order for us to get a better understanding of your experience, we would also like a personal statement from you outlining your international development and other relevant experience.
Reporting into the Director of Policy & Public Affairs, the Global Lead is a leadership position in the Policy department of Policy, Information and Communications Directorate (PIC), interacting regularly with peers in the wider department and the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), with a key representational function both within the charity and globally - interacting with other research organisations and funders around the world to accelerate research progress.
This role will provide leadership for PIC's's Global team, which will drive forward CRUK's global policy objectives through delivery of a new global strategic framework. The key elements are:
- Delivery of a high impact prevention policy research and advocacy programme in low and middle-income countries
- Engagement of major international funders, experts and partner organisations, to increase CRUK's global profile domestically and worldwide, and influence change at high levels
- Leadership of CRUK's post-EU Exit strategy and engagement with the UK government, European partnerships and UK-based European-facing organisations
- Supporting the management and development of networks that support and promote CRUK global policy objectives and for building new strategic partnerships at the highest levels of the Charity.
Who we're looking for:
- Significant professional experience of global health and/or international development
Significant experience of policy influencing, ideally globally
Proven track record of influencing senior key opinion leaders
Experience of developing and implementing multi-faceted strategies
Excellent communication skills: oral and written
Significant line management or leadership experience
Resilient - including the ability to lead teams during periods of change
If you'd like to find out more about this role and CRUK's benefits, please review this .
Closing date: there is no closing date for this role. We encourage candidates to apply early to avoid disappointment