Infrastructure Engineer (Azure, M365, On-Prem)
This role can also be known as Unified Communications Engineer or Cloud Engineer.
Reports?to: Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Location:?Redman Place, Stratford
Flexibility: We're flexible on how you do your work, with this role only expected to be in the office 1 or 2 days per week, and a 'core hours' policy of 10am-4pm
Salary:?£38,000 - £45,000 per annum dependant on experience?
Application method:?Please complete the anonymous application form, making sure?all of?your experience is included so that we are able to effectively shortlist.
Application Deadline:??Sunday 10th October 2021, 11.59pm. Do not delay applying as we will be shortlisting on application.
Cancer Research UK and the Technology are evolving. Cancer Research has a complex hybrid (on-premise & multi-cloud) infrastructure underpinning an extensive technical estate, encompassing bought / licensed software, custom-built software, office systems, networks and telecoms. The Infrastructure Engineer operates as part of a Product team designing, implementing and maintaining this infrastructure. Whilst different Infrastructure Engineers may have different areas of focus, they all must work as a team to support each other, and cross-skill where possible. Specialist areas may include Azure Cloud, On-Prem VMware Infrastructure, Windows Directory Services, M365 Products and some engineers may have flexible responsibilities spanning one or more of these areas.
Want to know more? Take a look at our
What will I be doing?
- Keeping CRUK's infrastructure safe, secure and robust for our staff and supporters, ensuring it provides high availability, high reliability and high security, while enabling agile change to meet the needs of the charity and tech teams building / managing workloads on the infrastructure.
- Use Infrastructure as Code, Self-service and Automation as tools to ensure the Infrastructure is modernised keeping within the Agile and ITILv4 framework.
- Working within a product team, plan for new or revised infrastructure services.
- Providing technical support for the delivery of projects, packages of work and deployments to multi-tier online platforms.
- Working with (Security) SecOps team to continually revise, update and deploy processes that are designed to secure both On-prem and Cloud based Infrastructure.
What experience do I need?
Azure Cloud Infrastructure with expertise in Active Directory, Windows Operating Systems and M365 Stack including (Team Exchange, OneDrive and Intune).
This would be an excellent the opportunity to develop skills and expertise in across the Azure Cloud Infrastructure services.
What's in it for me?
- 25, days annual leave (plus bank holidays and the ability to buy up to 5 days per annum) and 1 CRUK day.
- Pension (employer contributions of up to 10%), life insurance and a great benefit discount platform.
- An incredibly strong tech stack
- A brilliant learning and development environment
If this describes you, you can enjoy a phenomenal career with us as, together, we bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.