Lead Agile Manager
Reports?to: Head of Product Portfolio - Marketing, Engagement and Philanthropy
Location:?Redman Place, Stratford
Flexibility: We're flexible on how you do your work, with this role only expected to be in the office 1 or 2 days per week, and a 'core hours' policy of 10am-4pm
Salary:?£50,000 - £60,000 per annum dependent on experience?
Application method:?Please complete the anonymous application form, making sure?all of?your experience is included so that we are able to effectively shortlist.
Closing date:?Sunday 10th October 2021, 11.59pm. Do not delay applying as we will be shortlisting on application.
Looking for your new Agile leadership challenge? Interested in using your expertise in a cause driven environment? This could be the perfect opportunity to work for UK's largest Cancer Research charity.
Cancer Research UK and Technology team are evolving. We have recently transitioned our teams into Product specialisms allowing us to deliver best in class solutions to ensure we can meet our goal of finding a cure for all cancers.
Want to know more? Take a look at our
What will I be doing?
Cancer Research UK has an ambitious technology strategy which our Agile capability sits at the heart of; this role will provide leadership of our Agile capability and in doing so ensures that the charity brings Agile and Lean thinking in its widest sense to the work that we do in Technology.
Building on the work that we have already done to embed Agile and Lean mindset into our delivery model and ways of working; we are looking for an experienced Agile practitioner who can create and deliver a flexible Agile approach, advising on best practice in a complex environment. The Lead will also be responsible for line managing a team of five Agile Delivery Managers and an Agile Transformation coach with a strong focus on team development.
This role calls for someone with strong leadership and multidisciplinary Agile skills who can make sure that we translate Agile and Lean ideas into practical action.
What experience do I need?
- Extensive experience of driving behavioural change from individuals through to teams and the organisation in a sustainable way.
- Extensive experience of implementing Agile approaches at different scales and organisation types.
- Significant experience of managing a team to deliver consistently to a high standard.
- Deep understanding of Agile and Lean mindset, frameworks and practices.
- Evidence of strategic thinking with the ability to shape and lead a capability and distil multiple perspectives.
- Experience of managing, coaching and developing teams.
What's in it for me?
- 25, days annual leave (plus bank holidays and the ability to buy up to 5 days per annum) and 1 CRUK day.
- Pension (employer contributions of up to 10%), life insurance and a great benefit discount platform.
- An incredibly strong tech stack
- A brilliant learning and development environment
Our optimism and desire for success leads us to constantly challenge ourselves and others, which means you'll be encouraged to stretch yourself in our dynamic environment. And ultimately, you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.?