Reports?to: Head of Data Product Portfolio
Location:?Redman Place, Stratford
Flexibility: We're flexible on how you do your work, with this role only expected to be in the office 1 or 2 days per week, and a 'core hours' policy of 10am-4pm
Salary:?£50,000 - £60,000 per annum dependant on experience?
Application method:?Please complete the anonymous application form, making sure?all of?your experience is included so that we are able to effectively shortlist.
Closing date:?Sunday 10th October 2021, 11.59pm. Do not delay applying as we will be shortlisting on application.
Looking for your new product management challenge? Interested in using your expertise in a cause driven environment? This could be the perfect opportunity to work for UK's largest Cancer Research charity.
Cancer Research UK and Technology team are evolving. We have recently transitioned our teams into Product specialisms allowing us to deliver best in class solutions to ensure we can meet our goal of finding a cure for all cancers.
Want to know more? Take a look at our
Please look at our other postings as we are also recruiting Product/Senior Product Managers.
What will I be doing?
A Lead Product Manager at Cancer Research UK works at the overlap of business objectives, user needs and technology development.
As a Lead Product Manager you will maximise value within your domain by defining and owning the product portfolio strategy. Working with the Product Managers in your team you will manage and evolve a portfolio of products to meet CRUK's strategic objectives. This may include (but is not limited to) improving user experience, increasing efficiency, reducing costs, driving revenue or improving quality.?
- You will be responsible for line-managing a number of direct reports and interacting with many stakeholders
- You will be accountable for your team owning products end to end throughout their?life cycle?including defining the appropriate strategy and ensuring any associated business and support process are in place
- You will be accountable for the strategic direction of your product portfolio
- You will be accountable for your team tracking and managing performance, costs, supplier contracts and suppliers (where applicable) and ensuring consistent delivery on defined and agreed OKRs
What experience do I need?
- Extensive product management experience with data or BI products
- Experience of line management, or coaching or mentoring others
- Calm, confident and articulate communicator who can concisely communicate complex information and concepts to technical and non-technical colleagues and memorably imparts information to colleagues and/or users, guiding and enabling them to understand other points of view
- Significant experience of planning, producing and delivering user-centric products, demonstrating a strong understanding of:
- Multivariate testing and optimisation
- User experience and usability, including designing and carrying out qualitative research to identify customer needs
- Managing the trade-offs between short term requirements and longer-term vision
- Product modelling and Minimum Viable Product definition
- Product analytics and OKR definition
- Quality assurance and governance
What's in it for me?
- 25, days annual leave (plus bank holidays and the ability to buy up to 5 days per annum) and 1 CRUK day.
- Pension (employer contributions of up to 10%), life insurance and a great benefit discount platform.
- An incredibly strong tech stack
- A brilliant learning and development environment
Our optimism and desire for success leads us to constantly challenge ourselves and others, which means you'll be encouraged to stretch yourself in our dynamic environment. And ultimately, you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.?