Legacy Management Officer
Salary: £28,000 plus £3,750 London allowance + excellent benefits
Contract length: 12 month fixed-term / secondment
Location: Angel, London until October 2019 then Stratford, London
Are you a self-motivated and sharp minded individual with experience of legacy administration and building relationships?
We are looking for an organised individual to...
- Act as the first point of contact working with professional or lay executors (dependant on role) to administer estates in a professional and approachable manner seeking to maximise gifts when appropriate
- Manage a caseload of residuary, life interest trust and some pecuniary legacies (dependant on role)
- Engage with audience to generate future interest in legacy giving, thanking and acknowledging gifts, and showcasing the impact of this type of support
- Support the Legacy Professional Partnerships Strategy.
Our science holds the solution. At Cancer Research UK, our pioneering research has helped double survival rates in the last 40 years. We're smart, brave and ambitious individuals united by our relentless pursuit of beating cancer sooner. Now we need a Legacy Management Officer to play a key part in the end-to-end supporter journey for professional audiences that will drive us to achieve our ambitious and stretching Legacy income targets of over £190m per year.
You can help us beat cancer sooner through your...
- Strong and proven time management and organisational skills
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal, face to face and over the telephone
- Confident presentation skills to others internally and externally
- Attention to detail/data accuracy, particularly when inputting into the case management system
- Experience of probate and trust law.
Our passion, determination and ambition leads us to set ourselves more and more challenging targets, which means you'll be constantly striving to cultivate relationships and promote Cancer Research UK as an easy to deal with and professional beneficiary. You'll need the ability to correspond with executors in an engaging and professional manner. You'll also be a self-motivator who is able to work with minimum supervision while taking pragmatic decisions.
If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career with us. Together we will beat cancer.
Please see the following link for a full candidate pack:
Closing date: Thursday 29th August 2019, 23:55