Legacy Management Specialist
2 roles - 1 x 12 month FTC and 1 x permanent
Location: London/Home based - Full Time/Flexible working - we appreciate not everyone has the same working needs, please advise us of your working needs upon application. If you are home based the role will require you to travel to our London office at least once a week.
Salary: £39,000 to £41,000 plus benefits
None of us know for sure what happens to us after we've gone, but we can be sure of what will happen to our finances. Almost £190m of funding for Cancer Research UK comes from legacy giving each year - gifts left in wills from people who believe in our mission to beat cancer sooner.
As a Legacy Management Specialist, you will provide support, guidance and development across our Legacy Professional Partnerships team on complex legacy management and legal issues - carrying out casework and promoting excellent legacy administration, building our reputation and the legacy charity sector.
- Manage caseloads and acting as a point of escalation for the casework of Legacy Management Officers
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the wider legacies team and externally with solicitors, executors, friends and family. You will lead from the front using your expert legal knowledge
- Have the drive to think strategically, doing things differently and putting the needs of our supporters/audience first in everything we do
- Safeguard and maintain CRUK's reputation
You will have a passion for building and developing relationships as well as knowledge within the legal sector. You do not need to have experience of working within fundraising, but you will have:
- A professional qualification in probate law/tax law and/or property law or have significant experience of working in the legacy management field
- Project Management and administration experience - ability to manage a volume of cases/case work
- Strong attention to detail
What's in it for you?
This is an exciting time to join Cancer Research UK. This role will also allow you the opportunity of putting the needs of our audiences first and to build our relationships within the legal sector and help develop a meaningful and important connection to the charity.
Our benefits package includes excellent annual leave and pension allowances along with additional discounts on a variety of lifestyle subscriptions and events. And ultimately, you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.
To find out more about the team and see the full role profile please
The closing date for applications is Sunday 23rd June (midnight), but applications are being reviewed on an on-going basis, so please don't hesitate submitting your application. Interviews will commence 2nd/3rd July and 8th/9th July.
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
Please note, from October 2019, our head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.