Philanthropy Manager (Trusts and Foundations)
Salary: Circa £37,000 per annum + excellent benefits
Contract length: Permanent
Location: Stratford, London
Working Hours: 35 per week
Please note that we will be shortlisting on an ongoing basis, so please don't hesitate to submit your application.
Due to our growing team and ambitions, we are looking for a Philanthropy Manager to develop and manage a portfolio of prospective and existing trusts and foundations. Through managing this portfolio, you'll be responsible for securing gifts of £10,000 upwards, whilst managing our mailing programme for mid-value trusts and foundations
To do this, you will build your portfolio through driving research in to trust and foundations and developing your own cold acquisition plans. You will also cultivate and steward relationships with existing and new supporters, with the aim of bringing them closer to the organisation by considering a range of research projects, events and opportunities to maximise how our donors can add value to CRUK. You will also...
- Develop and implement tailored engagement and cultivation strategies to make approaches to prospective trusts
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors - to secure five to six figure donations and multi-year- pledges
- Be responsible for delivering our two mailing programmes seeking gifts from small and mid-value trusts and foundations
It's cancers turn to be afraid. Cancer Research UK is leading pioneering, life-saving research and our long-term ambition is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person, and our 3,500 people work relentlessly every day towards this goal.
To help us achieve this goal, we are growing are successful hub of trust fundraising specialists to increase our income in this area and support CRUKs ambition of 3 in 4 people surviving cancer by 2034.
The successful candidate will...
- Have a working knowledge of the principals of trust fundraising and experience of delivering four and five figure gifts.
- Be performance driven and have strong experience of working towards and exceeding targets
- Be a strong influencer and a great networker
- Be an inspirational communicator - both written and oral
- Have intellectual curiosity to understand complex scientific areas of research, and the ability to communicate this in an engaging way with supporters.
This is an exciting time to be joining our team and the role will give you the opportunity to lead on trust fundraising from a number of regions across the UK including travel to Scotland and the potential for overseas travel too.
Experience fundraising across these sectors and locations is welcomed.
If this sounds like you or you would like to hear more about these opportunities do not hesitate to get in touch.
Closing date: Ongoing
Please see the following link for a full candidate pack: