Salary: £37,000+ per annum inclusive of London Weighting + excellent benefits
Contract length: Permanent
Location: Angel, London or potential for home-based depending on role with some travel into London
Positions available: 4 (1 of which will be working on warm, existing pipelines and 3 of which will be focusing on cold acquisition - please state your role preference within your cover letter)
Working Hours: 35 per week
Please note that we will be shortlisting on an ongoing basis, so please don't hesitate to submit your application.
Due to our growing team and ambitions, we are looking for four Philanthropy Managers to develop and manage a portfolio of prospective and existing major donors and trusts. Through managing this portfolio, you'll be responsible for securing gifts at the £10,000 - £100,000 level.
To do this, you will build your portfolio through identifying and developing relationships with senior volunteers, developing your own cold acquisition plans, and through cultivating and stewarding relationships with existing and new supporters, with the aim of bringing them closer to the organisation by considering a range of research projects, events and opportunities to maximise how our donors can add value to CRUK. You will also...
- Develop and implement tailored engagement and cultivation strategies to make approaches to prospective major donors and trusts
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective major donors - to secure five to six figure donations and multi-year- pledges
- Identify potential new prospects by attending internal and external networking events and by building relationships with colleagues across CRUK.
It's cancers turn to be afraid. Cancer Research UK is leading pioneering, life-saving research and our long-term ambition is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person, and our 3,500 people work relentlessly every day towards this goal.
You may have a working knowledge of the principals of major gift fundraising. Alternatively, you could have experience in corporate fundraising, trust fundraising, sales, marketing, partnerships, sponsorship or transferable headhunting or lead generation skills. If so, then you could be the person we're looking for.
Regardless of your background, you will...
- Have a track record of fundraising from high net worth individuals, charitable trusts, or acquiring new business
- Be performance driven and have strong experience of working towards and exceeding targets
- Be a strong influencer and a great networker
- Be an inspirational communicator - both written and oral
- Be comfortable managing a cold pipeline
- Have intellectual curiosity to understand complex scientific areas of research, and the ability to communicate this in an engaging way with supporters.
This is an exciting time to be joining our team and these roles will give you the opportunity to lead on major gift fundraising from a number of regions across the UK including Surrey, Berkshire, Kent, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Cambridgeshire; the South West; The Midlands and Scotland.
And also, to lead on a number of sectors such as investment management; banking; insurance; law; private equity; recruitment; journalism; property and construction; technology, healthcare, manufacturing; communications; agriculture and mining; aerospace and aviation; renewable energy; consumer goods.
Experience fundraising across these sectors and locations is welcomed.
If this sounds like you or you would like to hear more about these opportunities do not hesitate to get in touch.
Closing date: Ongoing
Please see the following link for a full candidate pack: